Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mods for 2010 JK Rubi

Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by stick1001
Depends on your stealership, but things like rims, rubber, cai, cat back, and lift will "not" void warranty.... But there are some horror stories!
ANY aftermarket part can and will void parts of the warranty. If it didn't leave the factory with that specific part, too bad. The 'dealership' may warranty, but that is at their discretion, and depends on your relationship with them and what specifically broke.

Have you been out to Mopar Performance? It states right there that the aftermarket parts that they sell are not warrantied.
-Headers - the fine print says "Mopar Performance Parts are sold 'as is', without any warranty whatsoever".
-CAI System - same fine print
-D44 axle assembly - same fine print
-Heavy Duty Transmission - guess what? same thing

So you may have the mfg's warranty on the part, but the dealer decides if they will warranty anything related to the new part installed. (bigger tires = more strain on the drivetrain = warranty work on the transmission denied. New gears, rubi locker stops working, dealer says it was due to the gear install - warranty denied. etc...)

By ripp or avenger he means headers. Like you mentioned above...
Nope, I meant superchargers. It will all void the warranty, so he may as well get some real power out of it. And Ripp is down to around $3500 the last I saw. Leaves some cash left over some more additions...
Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
I just got a 2010 Rubicon 3.8 V6 2 door in black with 6 speed manual in it, I was wondering, what can I do to it with a 5k budget, I want to change wheels/tires with largest tires I can put on without a lift, a full exhaust, and intake, and a clutch... maybe bilstein shocks/steering damper?, Its a daily driver that wont see much offroad, except the monthly thing... are borla headers worth it?

Tell me what I can do to improve the performance and what can I do about the gay foglights?, Or what HID kit will fit...thanks again..

(Yes i moved to Orlando:P)

Thanks again.
Performance questions;

No problem with no forced induction - we understand...

Cold air kit
RIPP Long tube headers
Diablo Sport Predator
RIPP Header programming (free with purchase of unit through ripp)
Cat back of your choice

You do not need a clutch
Don't waste your money any anything else - we tested it, if it worked we'd see it.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Mods for 2010 JK Rubi