Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mods ?????

Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love being cheap.

`drill mirror (drain holes) [I did this]
`de-badge [I did this]
`paint mufler black or replace the rear muffler at a shop with a dynomax `ultraflo/flowmaster/cherry bomb glasspack (about $50 bucks for a glasspack) [I did this and then bought a MBRP and painted it black]
`make stubby bumper of factory front --- did this with the RC stubby kit. Cost 50 bucks and did it in 30 min. [I did this]
`10 buck led strips can be stuck onto the dash and tapped into the HVAC light for mood lighting. [I did this]
`DIY grab handles
` and pretty much anything can be found on this forum for great prices. For example, if you want a lift... you can buy a budget boost here on the forum and do it yourself.
` the best visual mod is wheels, so steelies can be had for cheap
` niteshades on the marker and tail lights if laws permit [I did this]
` buy windshield mounts/bumper mounts and some cheap off road lights [I did this, and then upgraded to Eagle Eye HID lights on the windshield
` if you live in the country where glare is not an issue (I stress this!), then get a DDMtuning HID kit and put it in your headlights for a much needed boost in headlight output (about 50 bucks) [I did this with Hella lenses and capacitor wiring mod - instructions on forums]

Last edited by IcyFridge; 10-11-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mods under $100 thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...der-100-Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mjolnir
Yep great thread here, this is what I was going to recommend
Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Here's something that might help you with the winshield iceing up. I took about fifteen feet of 1/4 inch tubing and wrapped it around my radiator hose then spliced it into my washer fluid hose. What this does is, it heats heats up the waher fluid and sprays a warm steam of washer fluid onto the windshield. I've done this on a few vehicles in the past and have never had an issue with the windshield cracking, because you should already have the defroster on which has already taken the chill off the window and started to heat it up. The fluid will only become hot when the vehicle warms up. Doc, total cost $5, the after market kit runs about $150. The hose I used was from Lowes, in their yard sprinkler suplies. Works great. The longer the hose the more heated fluid you will have in reserve. This wont heat the fulid in the tank, as this is fluid that has already exited the tank.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Jedi

Default easy and freeee@!!!!!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=flip+rearview free and easy!!! no tools except eyes and hands!

plus.. the thread is funny to read!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gmuddy
Here's something that might help you with the winshield iceing up. I took about fifteen feet of 1/4 inch tubing and wrapped it around my radiator hose then spliced it into my washer fluid hose. What this does is, it heats heats up the waher fluid and sprays a warm steam of washer fluid onto the windshield. I've done this on a few vehicles in the past and have never had an issue with the windshield cracking, because you should already have the defroster on which has already taken the chill off the window and started to heat it up. The fluid will only become hot when the vehicle warms up. Doc, total cost $5, the after market kit runs about $150. The hose I used was from Lowes, in their yard sprinkler suplies. Works great. The longer the hose the more heated fluid you will have in reserve. This wont heat the fulid in the tank, as this is fluid that has already exited the tank.
FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!

I'm going to do this right now, I work with some pneumatic controls at work and have lots of 1/4" tube and connectors kicking around.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tailgate mod.

Home Depot tailgate mod!

Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for some really great ideas. I love this Jeep Thing
Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak