Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Modifying/Repainting E-autogrilles bumpers?

Old 12-01-2014, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the feedback so far, I'm wanting to tackle this to better the product. So "good enough" is ok but I want to put these bumpers on and not have to take them off in a year or two to have touch up if I can do some work before hand and make them "bulletproof".

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Here you go , I used this to strip powder coating
Auto Paint Chemicals Aircraft Remover Product Page
How was the experience with this stuff? Was it a dip and sit kind of process or spray? (I'm on my phone and can't tell all the ins and outs of the product at this point in time)

Sent from Hokie Nation
Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It comes in a spray can ( I have never used it ) I buy the quart and some paint bushes and bowls just for it , because whatever you use you can never use again

I pour it into the bowl and take the brush and lay down I good layer and walk away , come back in 10 min and all the powder coat is bubbling and take a cloth and wipe it off (wear latex gloves also ) sometimes you might have to do the stubborn areas again
Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Aircraft is strong stuff and will remove quite a few things. Wire brushes are good for removing paint but sometimes hard to get into the edges. You can have them sandblasted probably relatively cheap to ensure you get it all then go to town. Or, get rid of most of it, finish your welding, then sandblast to remove some imperfections then paint or powder coat. Powder coat pretty much requires a burn off then sandblast so if you go that route make sure that you like the color. If going the paint route, make sure someone that's good at body work does it to ensure a nice smooth finish.

Sam

Quick Reply: Modifying/Repainting E-autogrilles bumpers?