Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Modified Brakes

Old 04-18-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
I can assure you they don't lock and kick in the ABS at anything over 25mph, leaving a better brake package to have much improved 60-0 distances. EBC is definitely the place to start, and that should be plenty of additional stopping power for most people.
Could be. I'll give it a try later today at the airport.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From driving my truck I am sure to give people plenty of room and I have only had to panic stop once since 2006. The JKs brake package when you start adding some extra weight is definitely inadequate, but most of it is readily combatted with precaution although I'm ready to spray down the airfield as well and do some skid past tests.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, I figured as much, expecially considering I'll likely be adding upwards of 600 lbs to mine, and only removing about, like, 5 lbs (carpets, lol)

Quick Reply: Modified Brakes