Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Modern Muscle Performance

Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
There isn't too much we can do short of s/c or turbo (maybe nitrous) that we can do to get a lot of power out.... I'd love for better hiway manners but it keeps me from getting tickets! Lol.... I'm looking into rugged ridge headers for 300 on ebay tho..... Just a hint.....
I would skip those headers. The only thing you will probably notice are increased under hood temperatures, and maybe a melted plug wire or two. Long tube headers are the only way to see a decent gain, but they come with a price tag
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of doing this throttle body and manifold as well as long tube headers solely for the simplicity. Your not adding another part to your engine like a SC but the down side is the gains won't compare either.

My concern with a set up like this is would you see increase benefit using a stock ECU?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cant put long tube headers on the 3.6l. They are built into the block. The new Diwali tuner will modify for cai. Since it is not boosting pressure into the manifold it should be able to read the additional airflow entering the engine by several sensors and automatically adjusting amount of fuel.

Quick Reply: Modern Muscle Performance