Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mod Suggestions - Ride Quality

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I have also done a lot of reading about the OME kit. I have read 2 threads about the coil options, both threads seem pretty conflicting. ...
The OME kit is great but probably gives even more lift than ...
The last time I counted, OME had 11 different coils for the JK. If you are going to compare lift heights, you need to find out which specific coils are being used, (not HD or MD or LD, but the actual 3 digit number), which model, which transmission, which top, how much extra weight has been added, etc. Actual lift height will vary accordingly.

ex. 618 is a 2door heavy rear, 620 is a 4door heavy rear. What happens if a 2door gets the 620 or a 4door gets the 618? Or two different JK's are using the exact same coils, but one is a 2door manual with a soft top, and the other is a 4door auto with a hard top and bumper/winch/carrier and lots of body armor. Same coils, but are these two JK's anywhere close to the same height?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 Rubi Unlimited, and have the Teraflex 2.5 coils, using my Rubi shocks with extensions, and I run 33's and have a ton of room to put 35's should I ever want to. My ride is great, it has not changed in the negative at all. My wife was thinking it would ride like my 09 "X" with a R/C 2.5, but it does not. I would highly recommend this set up.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I currently have a 2010 Rubicon Auto Two Door. I am just finishing up my Bushwacker Flatties and going to install a set of 35x12.5x17 MTR's on stock Rubi rims with 1.5 spacers. I'm going to ride it around for Awhile then install my BB with 2.5 springs and shock extensions using my stock rubi shocks. I actually ordered the unlimited package for my two door to compensate for my aftermarket bumpers and winch. We will see if it's too stiff or not!!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Picked up my Jeep last night. It is much taller than I thought, even stock. I may just go with the leveling kit for now and get some 33s and see how that looks. I will not be out much money and can move to a bigger lift if I choose to go with 35s.

Should I just stick with the cheap TF Leveling kit, or go with the coil based?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawnted
Picked up my Jeep last night. It is much taller than I thought, even stock. I may just go with the leveling kit for now and get some 33s and see how that looks. I will not be out much money and can move to a bigger lift if I choose to go with 35s.

Should I just stick with the cheap TF Leveling kit, or go with the coil based?
with 33's the leveling kit will suffice and will be your best option if concerned about ride quality.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
with 33's the leveling kit will suffice and will be your best option if concerned about ride quality.
Any reason to spend 350 on the coil leveling kit over the 150 spacer leveling kit?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawnted
Any reason to spend 350 on the coil leveling kit over the 150 spacer leveling kit?
if you are considering 35's in the future or any kind of front / rear bumpers/ winches.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
if you are considering 35's in the future or any kind of front / rear bumpers/ winches.
Oh ok, I was under the impression that 35s would not fit with either leveling kit, so I was assuming I would have to change to 2.5" Coil Lift.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

35's will fit, but you won't have much room when off-roading, they will rub your fenders and bumpers a lot sooner.

Quick Reply: Mod Suggestions - Ride Quality