Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mod / Stock JK PCM Problem

Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod / Stock JK PCM Problem

So....last night my alternator decided "Lets cook these two batteries"..... and based on my reading... the PCM controls the alternator output.

So I assume bad PCM.

Is the PCM covered under the 100,000KM warranty? (not the awesome 60,000KM one, that covered everything....)

I didnt know what forum to post this in, but I did put in a dual battery kit 3 years ago.....a problem where the jeep would stall started about a month ago, and now, two fried and acid everywhere "Optima" batteries....

I had an appt. for the jeep tomorrow at the dealership, but now have to pay $60 to get it towed there. since I live too far from a dealership and they only cover 40KM!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's another thread in another forum (actually 2) that a guy was burning out coils, and leaving him stuck. The dealership changed out this and that and finally the PCM and still no luck. FINALLY they discovered a ground wire that was grounding more than it should be. No pics or better detailed explaination, but ask your service guys to check into this.

Quick Reply: Mod / Stock JK PCM Problem