Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which mod next?

Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which mod next?

I have an '10 Unlimited Sport Auto with 3.73 gears and 265/70/17 Duratracs. I have a Superchips Flashpac on the way and am now trying to decide my next mod. Trying to decide between CAI, exhaust, or Sprintbooster. I would like a little exhaust note, but would also like to get rid of the lag in the electronic throttle. Would the CAI and exhaust add any noticeable power considering I will have the superchips to reprogram, or will the sprintbooster add more of a noticeable difference?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sprintbooster looks like a waste of money from my position. From Sprintbooster website:
• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.
• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

They go on to say that it will reduce the throttle lag by 25%. Wow, big deal, you get throttle response 1/10 of a second faster than normal. A lot of smoke and mirrors for $300.

My vote is for the exhaust but if you're only doing the muffler and not replacing the whole system headers included you won't get much more then a better noise out of the back. Which is still pretty sweet!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A cb, jks quick discos, windshield lights, save a bit for a bumper and/or a winch? All 3 things you listed are a wasted of money imo. Minimal gains for real mod money.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

x2. save the money and buy a winch or something more usefull
Old 05-31-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

I am not interested in the added weight of bumpers, I have a more-power-puller (so no need for a winch). may add quick disconnects in the future, but no need for them now for the offroading that I have in my area. may just go with the exhaust for now.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you want power, do gears! Same price as all the mods you listed. Best first mod has got to be rubber IMO. Upsize for ground clearance, go aggressive for better traction.... Best way to tweak your wheelability. Worried about added bumper weight? Stay away from full width, try a stubby, or go aluminum! Check out the bumper sticky with just about all the specs on every bumper you can imagine. You'll be surprised how much your stock bumper actually weighs.

Quick Reply: which mod next?