Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mixing lift kits??

Old 07-12-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mixing lift kits??

im wondering.........i have a 3' BDS lift, would i be able to replace the BDS springs with the Full Traction springs?? i know someone on here had a lift using diff manufacturers. would it possibly cause any problems??
Old 07-12-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have asked the same ???

Hello, I asked the same thing and as far as know you will be fine. I have a RC 2.5 BB on now and next week I am adding front and rear JKS adj trac bars. I have some 3" Full traction springs on the way, I will add as soon as I save enough for some Clayton control arms. I have asked and not one person said I would run into any problems by mixing. I am also going to order shocks, bilstiens, edlebrock or Fox racing. I am basically shopping for deals on products that have very good reputations. Except the Clayton arms, they are expensive but I am goona drop some $$$ and buy a very tough, reliable product. I did see in a thread somewhere that you should not mix different types of control arms. Hope this helps..
Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds good, i hear full traction springs give a bit more than 3" of lift where the BDS gives exctly 3" and might sag a bit when adding a fornt bumper and winch so i wanna offset the sag with either full traction or maybe aome 3.25" springs to keep my ride hieght a little high. btw, how is new orleans these days?? i am from biloxi and am looking into taking a trip back home and doing some partying in the french quarter
Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default The Quarter is fine.

Youll have a great time.. just please dont wonder down any alleys alone..Most people in "The City" are great, but there are some down right evil individuals also.. just be careful.. Im sure youve been several times, being from Biloxi so you know the rules. Its business as usual in the Quarter.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

sweet, yeah i know the rules. we used to go there almost every weekend to party when i still lived down there in biloxi
Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Good talking

Let me know how the mods turn out. Good talking to you Ringo... Ill be your Huckleberry...LOL

Quick Reply: mixing lift kits??