Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

misting system

Old 06-29-2016, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
Spiderweb Shade is a big help. When it's that hot, not being in the direct sun is huge. Makes upper 90's almost tolerable. Best $90 I've ever spent.
I have a safari top that I use I know that helps but in 110° heat all air feels like a blow dryer blowing on you shade or not
Everyone who ever takes the top and doors off knows the air moves from the back to the front and out the front sides imagine if you had a couple mist nozzles mounted to the rear bar and it dropped that temp 15 degrees
Old 06-29-2016, 06:04 AM
Huk
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up garden irrigation systems. I have used misters with 20 psi that give a great mist. They suposidly use 3/4 gallon per hour.
Dripworks is one company. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huk
Look up garden irrigation systems. I have used misters with 20 psi that give a great mist. They suposidly use 3/4 gallon per hour.
Dripworks is one company. Good luck.
So they mist not drip though?
That was my concern with using a drip system 3/4 per hour would be doable
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Huk
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. Very fine mist. Their site has pics and a couple different options. There are several companies with very similar products.

Just type mist into their search or you may only see the drip versions.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
So they mist not drip though?
That was my concern with using a drip system 3/4 per hour would be doable
That's the problem I've had in the past with any misting system. If it doesn't have good psi, it drips and doesn't get the real fine spray.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I just saw mister nozzles at Ace Hardware here in Southern Nevada. In the landscape irrigation department.

Last edited by bbolander; 06-30-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huk
Correct. Very fine mist. Their site has pics and a couple different options. There are several companies with very similar products.

Just type mist into their search or you may only see the drip versions.
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible

That's the problem I've had in the past with any misting system. If it doesn't have good psi, it drips and doesn't get the real fine spray.
Originally Posted by bbolander
I just saw mister nozzles at Ace Hardware here in Southern Nevada. In the landscape irrigation department.
Sweet thanks guys
Anyone have ideas for a cheap pump
Also tank
The one write up I saw the guy used a large washer fluid reservoir from an suv and just used those pumps that were included
Any ideas
Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep

I have a safari top that I use I know that helps but in 110° heat all air feels like a blow dryer blowing on you shade or not
Everyone who ever takes the top and doors off knows the air moves from the back to the front and out the front sides imagine if you had a couple mist nozzles mounted to the rear bar and it dropped that temp 15 degrees
If you get some good ideas going, I'm willing to try. Being in TN, the shade helps a lot. You still have to squeegee off the humidity though.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
If you get some good ideas going, I'm willing to try. Being in TN, the shade helps a lot. You still have to squeegee off the humidity though.
Which is where misters won't really help, they'll just get you wetter. Evaporation is the key and that's what causes the drop in temps. Out here in Phoenix, misting systems do wonders until monsoon season when our humidity goes up. They still help a bit because it's SO damn hot, but you'll get wet more than cool.

Aeromist makes a small 150 psi pump that works on 110v, it's a good size too and only pulls 1 amp:
https://www.aeromist.com/misting-pum...-120-volt.html
Old 07-02-2016, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible

Which is where misters won't really help, they'll just get you wetter. Evaporation is the key and that's what causes the drop in temps. Out here in Phoenix, misting systems do wonders until monsoon season when our humidity goes up. They still help a bit because it's SO damn hot, but you'll get wet more than cool.

Aeromist makes a small 150 psi pump that works on 110v, it's a good size too and only pulls 1 amp:
https://www.aeromist.com/misting-pum...-120-volt.html
The 110 volt and the $230 price tag makes that out of my league as I would still need to get an inverter to run it

Quick Reply: misting system