Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mishimoto radiator for JK Hemi Conversion(AEV)

Old 03-26-2021, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJB
Anyone have any feedback on the Mishimoto radiator for JK Hemi Conversion(AEV)?
https://www.mishimoto.com/jeep-wrang...2007-2018.html
Thx
I had a 6.4 Hemi in my 2014. I upgraded to a C & R Racing radiator and never looked back. The owner owned a Hemi Wrangler & designed this radiator for it along with testing. I think it's the best radiator available.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by scubatech
I had a 6.4 Hemi in my 2014. I upgraded to a C & R Racing radiator and never looked back. The owner owned a Hemi Wrangler & designed this radiator for it along with testing. I think it's the best radiator available.
Thanks for the info. I just looked into it. No dealers in Canada and about $1500.00 total(includes exchange,shipping,duty,tax). Its about $600 more than the others so will have to think about that.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

So i ended up running the AEV supplied rad until a few days ago as the leak is getting a bit worse and decided to swap in a new Mishimoto V2 hemi rad with new hoses, clamps,tstat,coolant. So far so good but noticing something strange. As the engine warms up, the tstat opens around 95C, hoses get hot then around 100C the cooling fan comes on low speed and pretty much stays on low speed constantly and i can watch the coolant temp being maintained at 97-99C but doesnt seem to drop below that. Im quite certain this was not the case when i had the old rad in there. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?
Thanks
Old 05-30-2022, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Second guessing myself now. Put the old aev rad back in and fan behaviour is the same. I think just change of season and not really ever noticing or paying attention to how often the fan runs got me off guard.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

I would say so long as that temp stays bang on the mark then don't worry. My stock rad with the 5.3LT going over North Fork and Racehorse in 33*C days 2 years ago stayed absolutely normal temps. Fan started revving at about 50% near the top of racehorse with the crawling but cooled down quick over the top with no temp rise on the needle.

Quick Reply: Mishimoto radiator for JK Hemi Conversion(AEV)