Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mishimoto Radiator

Old 04-07-2017, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought you were a troll, lol.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horrocks007
I thought you were a troll, lol.
no definitely not a troll, just a very unhappy customer that wants to be heard

3rd mishimoto radiator just showed up to my door today
Old 04-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
no definitely not a troll, just a very unhappy customer that wants to be heard

3rd mishimoto radiator just showed up to my door today
Good luck with this one.

Personally, if I was you I would cut my losses and put the new one up on eBay and put that money towards a Griffin like someone did earlier in this discussion if you want an upgraded performance radiator.

Here you go......
Originally Posted by bkundingerii
Oh, and here is the pulled radiator, first pic is next to the Griffin, the second is where the leak is, in the exact same place as the first (Mishimoto) one I replaced the Mishimoto "lifetime (which was 2 weeks)" warranty.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Good luck with this one.

Personally, if I was you I would cut my losses and put the new one up on eBay and put that money towards a Griffin like someone did earlier in this discussion if you want an upgraded performance radiator.

Here you go......

my one issue with griffin is their warranty, as shitty as the mishi is they have a life time warranty (thank goodness), IF the griffin had an issue a year down the line i would pretty much be SOL. considering how little i drive my JK a leak that shows up 5K miles down the line would take over a year to show up.

until more guys start running griffin i may have to hold off on it. i would hate to be a guinea pig
Old 04-10-2017, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

You realize that Griffin is proven quality, as opposed to rebranded Chinese junk...right? The Griffin warranty used to be 2 years on off the shelf rads.

The reasons companies like Mishi offer a lifetime warranty are
1) to entice people that buy a warranty instead of a quality product
2) the cores are junk and cost pennies on the dollar
Old 04-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

The best warranty is one you never have to use, especially with a radiator where there's a lot of work that goes along with actually using it. Now if someone came out and said, we'll come out, uninstall and re-install the replacement including all fluid replacement costs, if the problem is determined that our product failed under warranty then that would be a radiator warranty I would be interested in, no matter the duration.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
The best warranty is one you never have to use, especially with a radiator where there's a lot of work that goes along with actually using it. Now if someone came out and said, we'll come out, uninstall and re-install the replacement including all fluid replacement costs, if the problem is determined that our product failed under warranty then that would be a radiator warranty I would be interested in, no matter the duration.
you are absolutely correct, best warranty is the one you never have to use. unfortunately i need to get this leak to stop. i'll install this third radiator they sent to me and pray. if this one fails then i will get my money back by either selling or asking for a full refund from Mishimoto. at that point i will step up to Griffin or just go back to OE
Old 04-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are absolutely correct, best warranty is the one you never have to use. unfortunately i need to get this leak to stop. i'll install this third radiator they sent to me and pray. if this one fails then i will get my money back by either selling or asking for a full refund from Mishimoto. at that point i will step up to Griffin or just go back to OE
Hi Charles,

I apologize for the late reply; we are definitely not ignoring the thread, just a bit overwhelmed by events recently. We're still in the process of narrowing down the cause of issues with this product and are in no way dismissing any possibility; but have to go where the data leads us. I apologize for the frustration you've had, but I'm trying to understand what you would like us to do for you. I know that you've received your warranty replacement; but if this is not what you want, we can definitely get you a refund (you may be asked to return the latest warranty radiator if it's not yet opened). As is the case with bkundingerii, we hate to lose a customer, but would rather you be happy with a refund than dissatisfied with a replacement.

Please let me know what we can do to help, and I apologize again for the frustration.

-Steve
Old 04-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

I just bought a replacement radiator today. I was having a heater problem this past winter and suspected a small leak in my OE radiator. I purchased a radiator pressure tester this past weekend and confirmed my OE radiator had a small leak in it. I was originally considering replacing with a Mishimoto but paying double the cost for double the problems didn't seem like a decision I wanted to pursue. I purchased a OE replacement today. The original OE lasted me 120K miles, so I have no complaints.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hi Charles,

I apologize for the late reply; we are definitely not ignoring the thread, just a bit overwhelmed by events recently. We're still in the process of narrowing down the cause of issues with this product and are in no way dismissing any possibility; but have to go where the data leads us. I apologize for the frustration you've had, but I'm trying to understand what you would like us to do for you. I know that you've received your warranty replacement; but if this is not what you want, we can definitely get you a refund (you may be asked to return the latest warranty radiator if it's not yet opened). As is the case with bkundingerii, we hate to lose a customer, but would rather you be happy with a refund than dissatisfied with a replacement.

Please let me know what we can do to help, and I apologize again for the frustration.

-Steve
at this point there isnt much you can do, i've already paid $30 for shipping of the new rad, and i dont want to ship it back. im just going to put my OEM radiator back and sell the replacement. I wont be recommending anyone to purchase mishimoto products. in every forum i've gone to, no matter the vehicle, people keep reporting issue after issue after issue. literally changing radiators more often than their oil. since i installed my first mishimoto radiator i've only changed the oil once. a radiator shouldnt be a wear item, it's ridiculous

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Radiator