Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Misfire issues

Old 10-01-2021, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire issues

Replaced coil. Wires. Plugs. Crank shaft sensor.
Should I buy a new PCM?

I'm lost here.

2007 jk

Any help would be great.

Old 10-01-2021, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dickrick
Replaced coil. Wires. Plugs. Crank shaft sensor.
Should I buy a new PCM?

I'm lost here.

2007 jk

Any help would be great.

I also replaced all 4 o2 sensors
Old 10-03-2021, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

I will try to help out, as my 08 is currently in a multiple cylinder misfire state itself. I too changed the plugs, and wires while I had the battery box out doing an ERG valve change. From what I can gather, there are lots of ways these engines can have multiple misfires. Have you considered a plugged cat yet? I am unsure how we will check them, but mine was making a rattling sound at start up like the exhaust was loose and vibrating on something underneath the jeep. Once it warmed up, it would go away. Would be a total coincidence if the misfires came right as I was changing the ERG valve, but I guess its possible. Any help, or ground I gain I will post on here for you to try as well. Good luck, hopefully someone who has been through this will chime in soon too.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
I will try to help out, as my 08 is currently in a multiple cylinder misfire state itself. I too changed the plugs, and wires while I had the battery box out doing an ERG valve change. From what I can gather, there are lots of ways these engines can have multiple misfires. Have you considered a plugged cat yet? I am unsure how we will check them, but mine was making a rattling sound at start up like the exhaust was loose and vibrating on something underneath the jeep. Once it warmed up, it would go away. Would be a total coincidence if the misfires came right as I was changing the ERG valve, but I guess its possible. Any help, or ground I gain I will post on here for you to try as well. Good luck, hopefully someone who has been through this will chime in soon too.
Actually I put long tubes on it and changed my upper and lower intake gaskets.

It's not throwing a cat code just the heater codes. From what I gathered it's my Pcm... But if my new pcm doesn't work I'm gonna just take it to a shop. However I'll have to replace my long tubes and buy cats and then take it to a shop for 75 an hour.

But you might want to see if u are leaking coolant... Mine was worse when coolant was leaking into the intake and burning.

Smelled so bad.

I'll keep my post updated.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

these are the same codes I have

Those are the grounds that need checked
Old 10-04-2021, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

I may very well be losing coolant. I added some a while back and checked again this weekend and it was low again. No spots under the Jeep ever. Sounds like there is an intake gasket that may need some attention?

Quick Reply: Misfire issues