Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Misc. lift questions...

Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Misc. lift questions...

So after reading some of the various posts on here in reference to lifts and installations, as well as the thousands upon thousands of videos out there, I have some questions that I feel I am not clear on...

First, Will I need to install longer brake lines after lifting my JKU? (Teraflex 2.5 coil lift)

2nd, Will I need Coil Spring retention clips?

3rd, Will I need to buy new TPMS sensors for my new wheels, or can I just use the ones from my stock wheels?

4th, Will I be more manly after my lift is installed? [/B][/SIZE]
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Val 2.0
So after reading some of the various posts on here in reference to lifts and installations, as well as the thousands upon thousands of videos out there, I have some questions that I feel I am not clear on... First, Will I need to install longer brake lines after lifting my JKU? (Teraflex 2.5 coil lift) 2nd, Will I need Coil Spring retention clips? 3rd, Will I need to buy new TPMS sensors for my new wheels, or can I just use the ones from my stock wheels? 4th, Will I be more manly after my lift is installed?
all depends on what you'll be using it for on the first 2. If your going to be flexing at all then yes. The 3rd question I would think you can not sure. And 4th well that's your decision
Old 02-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Val 2.0
So after reading some of the various posts on here in reference to lifts and installations, as well as the thousands upon thousands of videos out there, I have some questions that I feel I am not clear on...

First, Will I need to install longer brake lines after lifting my JKU? (Teraflex 2.5 coil lift)

2nd, Will I need Coil Spring retention clips?

3rd, Will I need to buy new TPMS sensors for my new wheels, or can I just use the ones from my stock wheels?

4th, Will I be more manly after my lift is installed? [/B][/SIZE]
1st TeraFlex 2.5 coil lift comes with brake line drop brackets.
2nd its a good idea to have them to ensure your coils don't unseat or fall out
3rd yes
4th yes
Old 02-21-2014, 01:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

#1 - yes, this is a good idea if you plan to take the Jeep off-road and flex the suspension

#2 - refer to #1

#3 - yes, you can move sensors to new wheels. However new larger tires are typically run with less PSI than OEM tires and you will be constantly fighting with the light. A ProCal can turn this light off as well as do many other helpful functions.

#4 - no, but your Jeep will have better self esteem
Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
#1 - yes, this is a good idea if you plan to take the Jeep off-road and flex the suspension

#2 - refer to #1

#3 - yes, you can move sensors to new wheels. However new larger tires are typically run with less PSI than OEM tires and you will be constantly fighting with the light. A ProCal can turn this light off as well as do many other helpful functions.

#4 - no, but your Jeep will have better self esteem

Cool, Thanks everyone for the responses! I really appreciate it!

I am finding that it's true what they say... Just Empty Every Pocket!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first two completely depend on the shock you plan on using.
I have OME LT shocks on my TF 2.5 lift. Retainers and extended lines are a must.
If using stock shocks with extensions - you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Misc. lift questions...