Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirrors (yes this again)

Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors (yes this again)

Alright im trying to understand this. We all know that the kits for mounting your mirrors with the doors off that are available on the market today suck. A lot.
What I want to know is why has no company like Off-Road Evolution, Quadratec, Rugged Ridge, or any of the other huge name companies that we all buy or aftermarket parts come from built this yet? They would make a FORTUNE! Better yet, make an adjustable one that slides in and out like Ford has done with their trucks for years so that way doors on they can slide out a little bit and doors on they can go back to just the right position. Maybe im just venting but someone needs to get on this ASAP. I would do it myself except there are a few things that factor into it like the fact I can't weld at all. Someone pleeeeeeeeease take this up as a project and I swear you won't regret it.

P.S. If you make any money off of it you could always give me a cut or a set or two for free or as test runs
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley mirrors maybe

People seem to have pretty good luck with Harley mirrors maybe you should try a set of those?

I came up with this but it doesn't sound like it is what you would want https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...4/#post3014838. Mine are rock solid because it is right on the hinge. I think it is the arms that make them shake.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the link but I'm looking for something permanent like the rugged ridge relocations.....but better lol
Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed that the aftermarket is weak at a solid take in this issue. Here is mine if it sparks anything in the DIY part of your brain.
This is a mirror from O'Riellys with a little bend in it. One bolt, one wingnut and everyone's favorite bedliner. I just throw it under the back seat when it's not being used.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2663459903.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	331898   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1762137123.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	331899  
Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

I am happy with my Die-Tech mirror brackets. I chose this for a couple of reasons:
  1. It uses the factory mirrors
  2. quick & easy installation
  3. They are vibration free
  4. Passenger mirror is actually useable

Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
CFA
JK Newbie

X2 on die tech its pricey but well worth it IMO!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Jedi

I just went through this decision and read all the threads. I went with the rr quick mirror II. I am very pleased with them. I'm not sure where the vibration comments come from. Mine are solid. Had it on the interstate doing 75 on 37s and they were fine. The passenger side works just as well as the driver side. I would reccomend them to anyone
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I just went through this decision and read all the threads. I went with the rr quick mirror II. I am very pleased with them. I'm not sure where the vibration comments come from. Mine are solid. Had it on the interstate doing 75 on 37s and they were fine. The passenger side works just as well as the driver side. I would reccomend them to anyone
X2. I love mine. I don't think there's a better more convenient doorless mirror setup out there.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5

How was the wind noise with these?
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a review of the Dietech mirror brackets. See link below. They are awesome!!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ackets-131788/

Quick Reply: Mirrors (yes this again)