Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirrors for when doors are removed?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors for when doors are removed?

What are our options for mirrors when the doors are removed? I dont wanna do the mirror relocation things, so Id prefer just an add on mirror that could be slapped on quickly. Seems like ive read about them on here, but couldnt think of where they came from or a brand name. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMudder
What are our options for mirrors when the doors are removed? I dont wanna do the mirror relocation things, so Id prefer just an add on mirror that could be slapped on quickly. Seems like ive read about them on here, but couldnt think of where they came from or a brand name. Any info is appreciated.

I think you mean the Harley mirrors folks are fitting into the hinges.

for example:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=harley+mirror
Old 03-07-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

An option:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...irror+autozone
Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at using these. Don't go buying them all up because if nothing else I am going to buy a pair of these. Whether I can afford the soft-top this year it doesn't matter. If nothing else the hard top and doors are coming off and I will just carry a tarp with me

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm
Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Got these to solve the problem to your question

Check out the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation kit. I've had these for a year and half...no issues...solves the problem...just have a little less visibility on the passenger side - no biggie..just turn your head and look

Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jiblet
I think you mean the Harley mirrors folks are fitting into the hinges.

for example:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=harley+mirror
Pulled the front Freedom panels and went doors off for the first time this weekend. Damn that was fun! Texas only requires a single mirror, rear view will legally suffice, but I felt a little lost without the side view mirrors, accustomed to driving it like it's a semi. Tried the stick on 2" spot mirrors on the AC vents and didn't care for the coverage, couldn't see the driver side rear fender pulling into the garage. Hit the search function and ended up going by the Harley dealer. My sig has the part number for the drivers side and Jiblet's link has a pic in post #8. They rocked even at 80 there was no vibration, no movement, i.e. they did not slowly rotate inward and become useless. Use the supplied cone washer on top of the hinge tube and the acorn nut on the threads. On 2010's the threads will just barely protrude past the bottom of the hinge tube but the supplied acorn nut will grab and tighten just fine. Supposed to rain the next 3 days so I reinstalled the doors tonight. After removing the mirrors I did a damage inspection and found none. For me Harley supplies the perfect solution for $60 a pair, requiring only a 1/2" socket to install. Did the install in their parking lot. Just my two centavos. Did I mention I had a blast?

Last edited by kingteddybear; 03-07-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default American Outlaw

I have American Outlaw mirrors which I carry around in the boot. So when we arrive at a camp just remove the doors and a quick allen key operation to attach mirrors. They vibrate a little at speed but are fully useable on the trail and the highway. The passenger side mirror is fully visible too.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by tpm152
... Whether I can afford the soft-top this year it doesn't matter. If nothing else the hard top and doors are coming off and I will just carry a tarp with me ...
There is also this option ...

Pavement Ends Emergency Top
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mirrors

I use these ridecraft.com No vibration and easy on & off. I bought the round ones. Enjoy !

Quick Reply: Mirrors for when doors are removed?