Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirrors with Doors Off

Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fyrguy
ya those look pretty BA. i would probably try those before the american outlaw. but what i was looking for was a mirror that i could throw on easily. they work for me , so i will keep them till they fly off, or someone walking by decides they like them more than i do.
They just as easy to put on as the American Outlaws. They slip right into the hinge just like them but you can actually see out of them. They only have one extra step of moving your factory mirrors to the brackets which are held on with just two screws and if you pickup an extra set of factory mirrors you do not even have to do that.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by racin444
Those look good! Wanna share how you did that?
The mirrors came from walley world for about $15. The pipe is 1/2" ID blackpipe from the local home supply store. You can customize where you want the mirror by the length of the bend. There is a 5/16" nut welded inside the 1/2" pipe. 5/6" nylon washers protect the paint.

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Where did you get that stubby antenna?
Picked it up at the local auto parts store. Had to retap the female threads to 5/16". Used a piece of 5/16" all thread to mate the antenna to the antenna base.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a pair of TJ mirrors from Pep boys. $34.00 @ Bolt right up to the side bolt on the windshield brace.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
I went with a pair of TJ mirrors from Pep boys. $34.00 @ Bolt right up to the side bolt on the windshield brace.
Can you throw a photo up?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I think I spent $14 at AutoZone. They're the "Euro" mirrors for ricers, but will bolt right into the windshield on a JK.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven
Can you throw a photo up?
As soon as they come in. They had to order them. A guy on another thread on here did it. He had pics. There I copied his pics.That is how I knew they would fit. Look good too.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Wannabewheeler; 04-20-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AptPupil
http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm
this is what i'm getting.
yeah, i have to unbolt my mirrors from my doors when off, but i can see them when the doors are on...
neat stuff.
That looks great
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I think I spent $14 at AutoZone. They're the "Euro" mirrors for ricers, but will bolt right into the windshield on a JK.

Those are what I use as well, the bottom bolt really holds the mirror in place, the top bolt doesn't exactly go in straight or all the way for that matter but basically keeps the mirror from twisting.

Every week or 2 (or after a trip on the interstate I have to take the mirror off and retighten the screw on the inside so the mirror doesn't sag)

Otherwise, I love these mirrors, they look good and are really easy to put on and take off.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

I just ordered some universal Harley mirrors off eBay. Should be here Tuesday. Total came to $39. Will post up pics the next time I take off the doors.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
As soon as they come in. They had to order them. A guy on another thread on here did it. He had pics. There I copied his pics.That is how I knew they would fit. Look good too.[IMG][/IMG]
Who makes the mirrors you have? They look great. I'm thinking of ordering them but want to be sure I order the right thing. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mirrors with Doors Off