Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirror relocation brackets help needed (rugged ridge)

Old 03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize I'm little late in the post, but thought I'd add on a little. I had the same issue and didn't want to break the mirror. I tried everything I had in my garage and finally took it in to the dealership and just asked if they could hook me up some how....they actually did for once free of charge. i was pleasantly surprised. They detached the mirror and gave me the two parts back.

Just another option I guess.

That is if you have a decent stealership.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

...... ...damn... ...good idea... ...duh...
Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine were being difficult also, gave up on the project for awhile. Then, one day of hard wheeling, one lousy do-it-yourselfer who forgot to put the screws back in the mirror bottoms, and 2 very friendly trees, who were happy to persuade my mirrors out of their happy homes, encouraged me to finish it. No damage to my mirrors or the Jeep, but couldn't help but laugh when I heard over the CB, "Uh, Batman, the batmobile is dropping shiny, black terds behind you." From now on, no drinking more than a six pack during an install!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Doors off mirrors

Skip the brackets and go with a pair of Ridecraft mirrors. For $65, they pop into your door hinges in less than 1 minute and look cool ! I love them. I tossed my bracket mounted mirrors because they shake so bad their not very useable. The link is www.ridecraft.com

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-11-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: removed non-sponsor link
Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

using a small flat head and a hammer popped mine off with 2 hits. i kept the doors on and hit from the bottom.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, this mirror relocation just became a little more expensive. Broke the driver mirror plastic housing from the mirror plate itself, trying to get it off...

Just ordered a new mirror from ebay for $50, free shipping, but WTF, how is this so difficult?

I tried lubing (WD-40) mine, twisting back and forth, taking a ratchet extension and rubber mallet and trying to tap it out. Nothing work... eventually yanking on it, CRACCKKK all four tabs from the back of the mirror plate to the plastic mirror busted.

So now its super glued and duck taped until the new mirror comes. Wonderful!

Quick Reply: Mirror relocation brackets help needed (rugged ridge)