Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirror Relocation Brackets

Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Relocation Brackets

Jeep owners beware! I just ordered a set of Mopar mirror relocation brackets for my 2012 JK and found out today that the passenger side bracket doesn't extend far enough to see it from the drivers seat. What a joke! I spent an hour today installing them and I get back into the driver seat to adjust the and I could only see about 2 inches of the passenger side mirror. Just thought everyone should know before they buy them. Wish I did!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the warning!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the same issue on my YJ. The passenger side was useless with the doors on. When I got sick of putting my homemade mirror on the JK last week, I thought about ordering the relocation brackets.

All I can say is, thank goodness for the jk forum search feature. It saved me 60 bucks when I read a couple negative reviews.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed mine yesterday. Im really irritated that the passenger side is useless. What really ticked me off was that MOPAR states that the mirror is partially blocked when doors are on and clear when doorless... Half of the freaking mirror is blocked by the dash when doorless and I havent even put the doors on. I cant imagine how that'll turn out Overall not happy with MOPAR's end
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" Overall not happy with MOPAR's end"

It won't be the last time your not happy with Mopar, you did buy a Jeep
Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Thi is not specific to the Mopar brackets. It's pretty much this way with all relocation brackets, FYI. so don;t go order any others thinking you are going to get something better, because you won't.

Different mirrors are the way to go. I like the ones I got from Rugged Ridge.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

My relocation brackets are not bad but they are not perfect but I do not remember what brand they are
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wharfrat
Thi is not specific to the Mopar brackets. It's pretty much this way with all relocation brackets, FYI. so don;t go order any others thinking you are going to get something better, because you won't.

Different mirrors are the way to go. I like the ones I got from Rugged Ridge.
X2 on the rugged ridge. Easy on, easy off. And I don't have vibration issues.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the relocation for just drivers side.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are prob better off buying a set of the drop in style mirrors that drop in to the hinge holes when the doors are off or the lange that have a mount that mounts to the windshield frame and are super easy to put on and take off, the factory mirrors stay put this way and no pain in the butt messing with the relocation brackets

Olympic 4x4 Products 117-124 - Olympic 4X4 Products Safari Mirrors for 76-12 Jeep® CJ-5, CJ-7 & CJ-8 Scrambler, Wrangler YJ, TJ, JK & Unlimited - Quadratec

Lange Originals 023-110 - Lange Originals Quick Mirror II for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Quick Reply: Mirror Relocation Brackets