Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mirror relocation

Old 04-24-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepgeek15
Hadn't come across these. Thank you. And would you be able to replace the mirror with a larger rectangular one? Not a huge fan of the small circle mirrors
Here's the link to the rectangular quick release mirrors from Quadratec,
Quadratec 13111 0410 - Quadratec Quick Release Mirror Movers with Square Head for 97-16 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, Unlimited, Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
They are $49.99. I'm probably going to buy a set. Don't want to go another summer and not take the doors off.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick release mirrors

I also have the small round quick release mirrors on my Rubi. I was going to go with the rectangle ones but with the experience I have with our delivery truck at work, the wind noise (whistle) on the rectangle mirrors drives me crazy. I also like the minimalist look of the round mirrors with the doors and top off. Either way its a cheap solution to keep you legal.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

I went with the Die-tech mirror relocation brackets and then picked up a 2nd pair of OEM mirrors on eBay. I think you get the best of both worlds with this solution. You can fold the mirrors in if needed off-road and you get a full view mirror that doesn't vibrate and shake all over the place when on road. As well, you're using the same mirrors you're already accustomed to from your every day use. No holes to drill as well, the bracket mounts to the door hinge and existing door bolt. All other solutions seem like there are trade-offs one way or the other.

http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm

You could re-use your existing mirrors or buy a matching pair off of eBay for extra convenience for $75
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYGER-OE-Sty...lXCCC4&vxp=mtr

Here's the complete set, a little higher priced then I had paid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Die-Tech-Off...VTY8Er&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-24-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:13 AM
btz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I went with the Die-tech mirror relocation brackets and then picked up a pair of OEM mirrors on eBay. I think you get the best of both worlds with this solution. You can fold the mirrors in if needed and you get a full view mirror when on road.
Same, work great!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by btz
Same, work great!
Work great and look great. I was surprised no one mentioned them so far since this discussion comes up a lot and the die-tech brackets are typically one of the better although a little more expensive solutions.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harley Davidson bike mirrors on my jeep... Just had to use a couple extra nuts and washers to fill the gap .... I also filled the hole up with silicone to keep water from getting in.... And if you bump it on a tree off roading there's some give ....Mirrors don't move in the wind at high speeds either. Looks cool imo from the front too a different look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3120369852.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	459.5 KB
ID:	644859   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-624533533.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	644860  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 04-24-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Mirror relocation