Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Minor vibration in drivetrain!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor vibration in drivetrain!

Ok, so I have a 2010 6sd man. Two in budget boost lift. Ran it for two yrs no vibe. Started to develop slight vibe so I put a Tom woods drive shaft to soften the angle on the driveline. Still have a slight vibration when accelerating. I ordered adjustable lower control arms to fix the lower driveline angle.

Anyone have any similar issues or fix to this issue. I think I'm on the right track.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Man you could have any number of things.

Usually if its a vibration it's rotational.

So you stated in the right place with your DS. With a 2" lift it really should not put that much strain on your DS though. You could also check your front axle u joints for wear to see if they have any slop in them. You should also check your diff housing and the seals where the DS are.

Is the vibration all the time? Just on acceleration? during coasting? can you feel which end of the Jeep its coming from?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by raptorcop84
Ok, so I have a 2010 6sd man. Two in budget boost lift. Ran it for two yrs no vibe. Started to develop slight vibe so I put a Tom woods drive shaft to soften the angle on the driveline. Still have a slight vibration when accelerating. I ordered adjustable lower control arms to fix the lower driveline angle.

Anyone have any similar issues or fix to this issue. I think I'm on the right track.
do you have a 2-door or a 4-door and did you install a front shaft or a rear shaft? if you're sure the vibes are from your drive shaft and you mainly feel it on acceleration, the problem is most likely coming from your rear shaft and that would make sense if you have 2-door. if you did replace your rear shaft, YOU NEED to install adjustable rear UPPER control arms to set your pinion angle. lowers will not be able to fix anything for you.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for input so far. I have a 2 dr and yes I replaced the rear driveshaft. I only feel the vibration under acceleration. I am Hopi g that the control arms fix the issue. I called and changed my order from lower to upper control arms to fix the pinion angle. If this doesn't fix the issue I will be baffled. All universals are tight as well as non leaks of any fluids
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by raptorcop84
Thanks for input so far. I have a 2 dr and yes I replaced the rear driveshaft. I only feel the vibration under acceleration. I am Hopi g that the control arms fix the issue. I called and changed my order from lower to upper control arms to fix the pinion angle. If this doesn't fix the issue I will be baffled. All universals are tight as well as non leaks of any fluids
with a rear shaft, you MUST install rear adjustable upper control arms to set your pinion angle. without them, you WILL have vibrations.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife

with a rear shaft, you MUST install rear adjustable upper control arms to set your pinion angle. without them, you WILL have vibrations.
Sounds like the arms should solve my problems. Tnx...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

New upper control arms installed today and problem fixed. Thanks for the input....

Quick Reply: Minor vibration in drivetrain!