Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

minimum mods for 35's

Old 05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 33's vs 35's photos

When I put the front bumper on, it left a lot of empty space. So I went with 35's. (Setup: Rusty's 2"coil spring lift plus .75" front spacers and TeraFlex bumpstops)

Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 35s mounted on cheap cragars with a 2" bb. On road it works great, and i was planning on going with tube fenders and that would be it; but since options on tube fenders havnt materialized yet, i was thinking why not just take the flares off when i get to the trail, unbolt the front swaybar and go wheelin.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got 34's on the way. I plan on wheeling it once and see how it rubs. If it is bad, I will remove my fenders 9 (when wheeling) until PSC releases their tub fenders.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Remember that even with the fenders OFF, the pinch seam is still under there, and it can hit the tire on stuffage....so you have to fold that seam over and out of the way, to avoid damaging the tire....do not CUT off the extra metal, it weakens the body...fold it over and hammer it flat....works MUCH better, is not a sharp edge, and preserves the strength of the seam, etc.

IE: Wider, or no, fenders ALONE will not allow larger tires....you must also attende to that seam under there.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEEJ
Remember that even with the fenders OFF, the pinch seam is still under there, and it can hit the tire on stuffage....so you have to fold that seam over and out of the way, to avoid damaging the tire....do not CUT off the extra metal, it weakens the body...fold it over and hammer it flat....works MUCH better, is not a sharp edge, and preserves the strength of the seam, etc.

IE: Wider, or no, fenders ALONE will not allow larger tires....you must also attende to that seam under there.

With 35s the pinch seem isnt an issue. As the rear suspension compresses, the axle arcs towards the rear.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
When I put the front bumper on, it left a lot of empty space. So I went with 35's. (Setup: Rusty's 2"coil spring lift plus .75" front spacers and TeraFlex bumpstops)

Excuse my ignorance , as I am a newbie here.
But would you please point me towards a thread on the Rusty's springs if there is one.

Thanks

Quick Reply: minimum mods for 35's