Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Minimal Lift, Flat Flares, high performance shocks and 35s

Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minimal Lift, Flat Flares, high performance shocks and 35s

2012 jku sahara.

i have come to the conclusion, i do not need a lift. rather a change of stance and style.

my idea is as follows.
1 inch spacers all around. plus additional front spacer to keep it level
still lower then the tereflex kit, but also debating sticking with the leveling kit anyways.

high performance adjustable ranchos, or king, and bilstein resivours down the line.

flat bushwaker or xenon flares so i can fit the 35s.

i dont do to much rock crawling in south florida, lots of mud, fire roads, and overland. occaisional deep mud and water pits.

not worried about the flex of this setup, but i do not want to rub, prerunning fire roads.

will the 35s, flat flares, and light spacers, create a stable and LCG ride? i do not want to lift 2.5 and have a massive gap between the wheel wells.

who has something like this...minimal lift with flares and 35s, any pictures, comments, recommendations, or issues with 35s and no lift?

i am away of other small related issues with a light lift.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Sounds like a great idea. Look at Metalcloak shocks and even their fenders for great travel and the ability to really stuff the tires. I probably would do longer springs in the front, though, instead of only spacers. At least HD OEM's like #19's. Then just bump stop as necessary.

Cheers, Scott
Old 12-21-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

why not just do spring all the way around? teraflex has a 1.5" spring kit.
2' in the front to leave it out and 1" spring in the rear. also has longer sway bar
links. check out the link (not saying you have to by it from here)

TeraFlex 1.5" Performance Leveling Kit TF-1351500

Sinkic
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is mine with 35s, bushwhackers and a teraflex leveling kit. No rub until I put the bumpers on. I need to upgrade to the performance leveling kit to remove the minor rub on full compression in the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1178198864.jpg
Views:	6263
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	400459
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Here is mine with 35s, bushwhackers and a teraflex leveling kit. No rub until I put the bumpers on. I need to upgrade to the performance leveling kit to remove the minor rub on full compression in the rear.

Attachment 400459
hey theree! could you add more pics love youy ride
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

MetalCloak claims you can run 37s with factory suspension using only their fenders.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjr
MetalCloak claims you can run 37s with factory suspension using only their fenders.
Maybe on the road but if wheel 35s or larger you will hit the inner fender liners.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Maybe on the road but if wheel 35s or larger you will hit the inner fender liners.
MetalCloak replaces the whole inner liner with their own system. Its a pretty neat system but I would still want a little lift just to increase break over angles some.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

i think the metal cloaks are really nice, but i believe the bushwaker is a better fit for me

the reason i prefer the leveling kit over spring kit is due to the fact that i like the stock spring rate. very plush and soft ride, that if i change springs, i am worried i will lose. i do not have aftermarket bumpers and when i do, they will be light.

how are the tereflex springs ride like, any input from a performace spring leveling kit would be appreciateed
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

I did the same thing with my jk except I used the EVO 1.5" level kit ,it consist of front springs which will raise the jk 1.5" and support the extra weight of a bumper and winch and for the rear there is a 3/4" spacer,I also trimmed the factory flares and I am running a 35" km2,I am very happy with the setup .this gave me the extra ground clearance I was looking for without spending a ton of money or changing the way the jk handled,for now I am using the stock rubicon shocks but will replace those when needed.Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	401921Click image for larger version

Name:	164.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	401922

Last edited by DEZ JK; 12-26-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Minimal Lift, Flat Flares, high performance shocks and 35s