Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Might be ditching rock krawler springs, need help

Old 05-04-2018, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Might be ditching rock krawler springs, need help

I’ve had my X factor kit a little over a year now. From day 1 it’s been really stiff. Originally thought maybe it was the shocks, so I ditched the rock krawler shocks for falcon 3.3s. Definitely some difference there but I still feel every imperfection on the road even on the softest setting. Thinking of going with synergy. Now here’s my dilemma. I wanna put 5.5 spring up front. With the rock krawler kit, I have 4.5 and had to put a spacer up front because the kit never got rid of the factory rake. I was thinking of going with a 4” rear coil so I would t have this issue again. Don’t wanna put a spacer on top of a bigger coil. So should I go with 5.5 rear coil or 4.0?
Old 05-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What kind of tire are you running? From the sounds of this, I'd venture to guess Load Range D or E which isn't correct for a Jeep when you want a good on road ride. What kind of tire pressures are you running? Also, for the rake, are you running a spare tire on the back? What kind of bumpers? Winch?

Adam C

Quick Reply: Might be ditching rock krawler springs, need help