Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mickey Thompson Center Caps

Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mickey Thompson Center Caps

So my wife moved me out of the garage a couple of months ago since she needs more room to load/unload her car with the kiddos and such. That said, all of the sudden the center caps that came with my Mickey Thompson Classic II's are rusting, and I mean BAD. What kind of crap is that? I regularly polish them, and they are less than a year old? I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I have to keep replacing them every 12 months. The wheels look fine for the most part, but seriously? Any ideas?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

What part of them are rusting? Any chance you can post a picture?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Probably the same as my rust. Just came right through the Chrome.

I'm taking the center caps out of my stock X steelies and painting them black. Plastic won't rust. And it'll be a slimmer looking profile too.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup, rusting right through the chrome and I mean all over. Pretty rediculous since I take very good care of them and living in Florida they do not salt the roads. The cheopos I had from 4 wheel parts on my last Jeep lasted over 3 years before they began to rust, but they won't fit these wheels.

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson Center Caps