Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mickey Thompson Baha MTZ

Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO these tires and good for one thing only, sloppy mud. around where i am where rocks in the mud are the norm my MTZs have been torn up and the tread after about a year is 3/4s gone

just my 2 pennies
Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have almost 10,K and there is some rock scratches and nicks from Superlift ORV Park but they still look Newas far as tread depth ...... Although I was told not to expect good life on them for the street maybe 30 K ..... I am impressed and happy with them !
Old 01-23-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a set on my CTD...chewed them up pretty good.....70% forestry roads & 30% pavement. Lasted me about 40,000km...(25,000miles) and totally worn out and missing chunks and fairly noisey!

If you can part with a little more money on tires...look at the Toyo M/T's yes they are more pricey....but they are a 10ply...the wear has been much better for me than the MTZ's and much quieter on the highway and pavement driving. They are just as good if not better in the mud!

The current set of Toyo M/T's on my Ram3500 CTD I have 40,000km (25k miles) (70% forestry Roads & 30% pavement) and I still have 1/2 the tread and no chunks missing. Also, I have not been gentle with the tires on the pavement with +500RWHP. "SMOKE SHOWS"

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson Baha MTZ