Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mickey thompson

Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someones gotta spring for these! They look great... I wanta see too!
being a Mickey fan in all....
Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Do they come in 18's??
Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything yet????
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

This are the rims im going to add to my rig once i get my taxes money, I hope there not that far on back order. I dont think they come in 18's well maybe I have only seen them in 17 by 9's.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Sidebiters look REALLY good, but all the ones I've found for sale are 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing. I'm more a fan of the fitment of a 17x8....with the same 4.5" backspacing this tucks the wheel under one full inch more. Maybe you guys like when they stick out further...just not for me.

Has anyone seen these for sale as a 17x8?

Unfortunately the pro comp 7005 I put on order last week are on a 60 day lead time! Needless to say, I am looking for alternatives!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

This will not be a good alternative if you want it fast. I have had a set of the MT SideBiters (17x9 5on5) on order since I saw them at SEMA in November.

When I ordered them in November, I was told by MT they would be available mid-December. When they didn't come in, I called Mickey Thompson and they told me mid-January. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they told me end of January. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they told me by the end of February. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they said by mid-March. I called them today to check the status, and guess what - they are now delayed until the end of April.

I have had good experience with MT in the past, but I am done with them now. It is obvious they either do not know how to run a business, or they are just plain lying to keep people from canceling orders. I have had these wheels on order from two different big name vendors to see who could get them first. I canceled both orders today.

I realize MT could care less about me canceling my order, but I will not buy their products again and will happily share my experience and opinion of MT in the future with those that ask.

I would recommend looking elsewhere for a set of wheels - these are not coming anytime soon.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sjmurray
This will not be a good alternative if you want it fast. I have had a set of the MT SideBiters (17x9 5on5) on order since I saw them at SEMA in November.

When I ordered them in November, I was told by MT they would be available mid-December. When they didn't come in, I called Mickey Thompson and they told me mid-January. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they told me end of January. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they told me by the end of February. When they didn't come in, I called them again and they said by mid-March. I called them today to check the status, and guess what - they are now delayed until the end of April.

I have had good experience with MT in the past, but I am done with them now. It is obvious they either do not know how to run a business, or they are just plain lying to keep people from canceling orders. I have had these wheels on order from two different big name vendors to see who could get them first. I canceled both orders today.

I realize MT could care less about me canceling my order, but I will not buy their products again and will happily share my experience and opinion of MT in the future with those that ask.

I would recommend looking elsewhere for a set of wheels - these are not coming anytime soon.

Yep, forget about em people...start lookin' for something else!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sazerac_TX
The Sidebiters look REALLY good, but all the ones I've found for sale are 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing. I'm more a fan of the fitment of a 17x8....with the same 4.5" backspacing this tucks the wheel under one full inch more. Maybe you guys like when they stick out further...just not for me.

Has anyone seen these for sale as a 17x8?

Unfortunately the pro comp 7005 I put on order last week are on a 60 day lead time! Needless to say, I am looking for alternatives!
sorry looks like I got the last 5 7005 series in the country... still waiting on them to get here though damn ups...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default good picts for ya

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/newbie-85687/

came across these today and remembered this post...Glad they look as good as I was hoping...will be gettin a set of these in 15x10 wrapped in MTZ 35s
Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Just put mine on yesterday

17x9 with 285/70/17 BFG KM2's

Last edited by Popesteve; 06-06-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: mickey thompson