Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mickey thompson

Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw in the show and tell thread where someone got them for christmas but they were being shipped... so i guess he hasn't got em yet? Hopefully he'll post. I'll PM him.

edit: I just found it again and saw in his signature where it says "on backorder for 2 weeks" BLEH

Last edited by REDR0CKJK; 01-06-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

I have a set of 17s on order at two different vendors. One of them is telling me mid-January and the other is saying February.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sjmurray
I have a set of 17s on order at two different vendors. One of them is telling me mid-January and the other is saying February.
Please post pics when you get them installed, I'm leaning toward getting these wheels also.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any update at all.

even pics on a different vehical would do. there is a retailer in france who says he can get them in 2 weeks and considering they are american i cant believe know one has them yet.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well... it's mid January...
Anybody?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

I called Mickey Thompson Monday and they said they are now on recall but are about to ship out a huge shipment in the next couple weeks. They get updates every monday, so thats all the info they had at the time. The vender I ordered mine from said they are recieving a shipment in the next couple weeks. So I have my fingers crossed.

Who knows
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

hi yeah some are being recalled, uk distributer forwarded me this email

All Mickey Thompson Distributors:

It has come to our attention that there may be some technical issues regarding Brake Caliper Clearance with some of the Sidebiter Wheels.

We therefore are coordinating a full scale ‘Fit Check” procedure beginning the week of January 5 2009.

At this time we are suggesting that ALL Sidebiter Wheels be put on Hold with the exception of the following part numbers:

In an effort to achieve the best possible look and a stylish outer Lip; the backside shape of the Sidebiter wheel MAY have experienced reduced clearance requirements to fit around SOME vehicle Brake Calipers. We are working with our factory to remedy the situation and any questionable fitments.

Please do not ship any Sidebiter wheels to your customers unless they are the part numbers listed above.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. [/COLOR]
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
hi yeah some are being recalled, uk distributer forwarded me this email

All Mickey Thompson Distributors:

It has come to our attention that there may be some technical issues regarding Brake Caliper Clearance with some of the Sidebiter Wheels.

We therefore are coordinating a full scale ‘Fit Check” procedure beginning the week of January 5 2009.

At this time we are suggesting that ALL Sidebiter Wheels be put on Hold with the exception of the following part numbers:

In an effort to achieve the best possible look and a stylish outer Lip; the backside shape of the Sidebiter wheel MAY have experienced reduced clearance requirements to fit around SOME vehicle Brake Calipers. We are working with our factory to remedy the situation and any questionable fitments.

Please do not ship any Sidebiter wheels to your customers unless they are the part numbers listed above.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. [/COLOR]

So I'm guessing that Jeep fits one of those part #'s that are being reviewed???? But that dosen't make any sense. I saw a set of 15" sidebiters on a jeep from sema. Those could have been a special rim I guess.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

yeh all of the 15" one are ok and i think one the 17" and 18" are teh problem ones. any pic of the one at sema?????
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Yea I got it from this site from when WOL was there taking pics. Ill try to find it and post it here.

Quick Reply: mickey thompson