Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mickey Thompson 35" agresive

Old 11-25-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people are responding about MTZ's... I have MTZ's and can answer anything you need to know about MTZ's and new england weather but since you asked about ATZ's let's talk about them. They are a good All terrain, I know people who run them and like them. Only problem I have heard with these was a case where a friend bought a set and they were dry rotted around the bead, he didn't notice until he had about a month of use on them and the retailer nor the manufacturer would help him out, but that's no reason to not buy them, just check the condition before you mount them. MY opinion is that if you want a good all terrain that will give you an aggressive look, a SHITLOAD of miles, be quiet and perform well in every season around here, save you a little money.... BFG AT. If you decide to go with an MT, just be sure to get one that is siped (like the MTZ). MT's are good all year when siped, but the compounds do get VERY hard on cold days and can make for a rough ride.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Duratracs

I think for what you are looking for the Goodyear Duratracs will work. Like a previous poster said people tend to just suggest what they are running. I am running Toyo mud tires and would not suggest them to meet the requirements you list
Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
You have to be careful on this and any forum. People will post up their tires and not really address what you want. The Nittos are loud as hell.
If you want a step up from AT and aggressive looks and snow is a concern... The Goodyear Duratracs sound right for you.
Search the S&T section for a thread full of them.
I have Nittos and they aren't loud as hell. Nitto Mud Grapplers are, but the trail grapplers aren't.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kabookie10

I have Nittos and they aren't loud as hell. Nitto Mud Grapplers are, but the trail grapplers aren't.
www.offroaders.com you can review all tires mentioned on that site and customer reviews. I have 33" 12.5 wide ATZ and about to find out what it's like in snow Canada snow
Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

www.offroaders.com you can review all tires mentioned on that site and customer reviews. I have 33" 12.5 wide ATZ and about to find out what it's like in snow Canada snow
PS my next set are going to be because I'm putting on a 3" teraflex suspension lift are the Nitto 35" trail grapplers spring of 2011

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson 35" agresive