Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mickey MTZs vs Nitto Trail Grapplers

Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of MickyT ATZ 33'' and MTZ 35''. The 33''s are on the 2dr and 35''s are on my 4dr. For wheeling purpose I would say the MTZ, for road handling and I know nothing about the Nitto there just less aggressive looking. Now when I put my MTZ on the 2dr with the shorter wheel base and no carpet in the jeep the MTZ where very load on the road. Also have you taken a look at the Cooper STT? They make Micky T's and are basically the same tire as the MTZ but a little cheaper.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oriffx
I love those Toyos but everyone keeps warning me about their weight/mpg loss.
Toyo and Nitto are sister companies. The weight difference between the two (or all three tires, for that matter) isn't really that much.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of these tires. Have heard good things about both.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Mickey thompson and nitto are being compared here, no one mentioned goodyear anything.
I think he red MT/Rs
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like people like both which is what I expected. I think I'm leaning more towards the MTZs. Both are functional for what I need but the MTZs just look great.

Quick Reply: Mickey MTZs vs Nitto Trail Grapplers