Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

MForce Shocks with FTLA 4'' Lift

Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MForce Shocks with FTLA 4'' Lift

I installed the Full Traction Long Arm lift (4inch) a week ago with the MForce shocks. The lift provides amazing articulation and the 35'' tires were a perfect match off road. So far, no complaints.

I am curious about what people think about the MForce shocks for on road driving. The FT ls appear to be farily soft as I am able to shake the job with my body weight quite a bit. But when I am going down a driveway or on a patchy road, the ride is very stiff.

I am thinking I may switch away from the MForce if I can find the performance that matches the lift as well as better ride on road.

Thoughts??

Old 06-08-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the same kit and shocks.

I have about 3500-4000 miles on my Jeep since it was installed. I had considered an adjustable shock during the install, but then decided to just go FT.

I love the way this handles on the road, especially on the highway. In the mountains, with all the banked curves, it felt like driving a sports car (except for the lack of power bc of the engine. I think the squirrels under the hood had an even harder time running at altitude).

I suspect wash board roads are Hell for any shock, and any lift. Also some of the speed bumps, and road hazards/potholes,... Maybe an adjustable would be of benefit? I don't know.

I am very happy with the off road performance as well. Great articulation, ride, crawling, with minimum clearance issues with the 37's having only stuffed the fender a few times on steep and deep rock obstacles for the most part,...

Very happy with the kit and shocks.

Last edited by mmcan; 06-08-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Any more?

Bump to see if anyone else has this setup.

And By the way... NICE looking rigs. Both of you.

Last edited by DingusKahn; 09-14-2008 at 06:39 AM.

Quick Reply: MForce Shocks with FTLA 4'' Lift