Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
I think I will be going with a new DS anyway just in case. No need to cut corners at this point.
When you see everything at full droop, you'll know you need a new DS, haha. I have the 6Paks, so not sure if they have a longer extended length than the ARB, but my stock driveshaft is the limiting factor as it can't clear the exhaust enough to fully droop. I'll be putting a new shaft on during the next few weeks.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
When you see everything at full droop, you'll know you need a new DS, haha. I have the 6Paks, so not sure if they have a longer extended length than the ARB, but my stock driveshaft is the limiting factor as it can't clear the exhaust enough to fully droop. I'll be putting a new shaft on during the next few weeks.
My AEV doesn't have that problem so I figured I should do it right the first time. Are all DS just plug and play??
Old 03-23-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Did you modify the exhaust yet because even with TW 1310 it still limits my DS so now I am Modifying the exhaust.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by K9wells
Did you modify the exhaust yet because even with TW 1310 it still limits my DS so now I am Modifying the exhaust.
Not yet. So many things to research.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Is anyone running the MC coils with Fox 2.0 shocks? Or the coils with any other shocks other than the 6 paks or OmE's?

I think I am going to go a route with my suspension that builds up over time. Start with 2.5 or 3.5" coils, and fox 2.0 or evolution shocks. Then add control arms and track bars down the road.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
Is anyone running the MC coils with Fox 2.0 shocks? Or the coils with any other shocks other than the 6 paks or OmE's?

I think I am going to go a route with my suspension that builds up over time. Start with 2.5 or 3.5" coils, and fox 2.0 or evolution shocks. Then add control arms and track bars down the road.

Any thoughts?
I am running them with Bilstein 5160s. To me, it is a little firm.

Their springs are better paired with a soft shock in my opinion.

FWIW, the OME shocks are soft, good but soft. They also valve the 6 packs soft.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
Not yet. So many things to research.
Can't you just do the exhaust spacer, which will cost you nothing in comparison to DS and go from there?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodi
Can't you just do the exhaust spacer, which will cost you nothing in comparison to DS and go from there?
I have heard both.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
I hope to avoid messing with the exhaust. The options out there won't play nice with my skid plates.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodi
From my understanding is the exhaust spacer allows the driveshaft to clear and the reason for upgrading the driveshaft is do to the CV boots prematurely shredding at full droop.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread