Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone who has done a gamechanger ARB install, can you list the amount of time start to finish and how much help you had? website says 6-8 hours easy bolt on. would like that put in perspective.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

It took about 7 hrs two people with a hydraulic lift
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dalearyous
anyone who has done a gamechanger ARB install, can you list the amount of time start to finish and how much help you had? website says 6-8 hours easy bolt on. would like that put in perspective.
Get the arms adjusted ahead of time and it will go pretty fast. 6 hours two guys, 8 hours alone.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2-post lift. I installed it over a weekend. Approx 12 hours. I also installed a sector shaft brace, and new tie rod, steering stabilizer, and front shock relocation brackets at the same time. The parts themselves could easily be bolted on in 8 hours, but there is a lot of three steps forward, and two back if you are checking bump stops and shock lengths.

I will tell you that I don't think it would be very easy without a lift or something to safely get your Jeep up fairly high. The MC coils are VERY long and the axles have to drop a ton to get them in without compressing them.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

The company that installed my game changer did it in about 3.5 hours.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

for people talking about driveshaft. no matter what you do you will have to replace driveshafts eventually. its just a matter of how long and this depends on driving habits and lift height.

a quote from someone else who just posted today on another forum:
I have a 2012 JKU with the 3 1/2" MC GC Lite(Old Man Emu) nitrocharged shocks. I retained the stock driveshafts for about 2 years before I had to replace the front shaft due to torn boot. I added the exhaust looop delete instead of the spacers. That was done during initial install. Rear shaft is still intact. Front was replaced with an Adams driveshaft.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

for people talking about driveshaft. no matter what you do you will have to replace driveshafts eventually. its just a matter of how long and this depends on driving habits and lift height. a quote from someone else who just posted today on another forum:
It's a fact. The MC coils have one of the longest extended lengths. I had to compress the coils quite a bit to get my stock driveshaft bolted up. One good flex and that thing is toast.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
It's a fact. The MC coils have one of the longest extended lengths. I had to compress the coils quite a bit to get my stock driveshaft bolted up. One good flex and that thing is toast.
Currie 4" is the only longer ones ive seen. A few are damn close to mc though...just an fyi...
Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Question. Both my axles are shifted slightly to the driver side. I only have the adjustable track bar on the front. The rear trackbar bracket has two sets of holes in it, top and lower. I don't see anything about using the lower holes.

This is with the 2.5" coils on a JKU. Is it best to keep the front and back equally offset? Are those lower holes on the rear bracket for the 2.5?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idiotec
Question. Both my axles are shifted slightly to the driver side. I only have the adjustable track bar on the front. The rear trackbar bracket has two sets of holes in it, top and lower. I don't see anything about using the lower holes.

This is with the 2.5" coils on a JKU. Is it best to keep the front and back equally offset? Are those lower holes on the rear bracket for the 2.5?
The lower hole is just a datum for when they make the brackets. I think they are in the process of making a shorter bracket but don't know when it will be available. The problem you are having is your trackbar is now too long due to the 6"raise. The only way the stock bar will be perfect is if the bracket raised the mount the exact same as your lift. An adjustable bar will also correct this.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread