Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still need to get the bumpers on and 35s, but this is how it sits with the Game Changer 3.5" Lift and stock Rubi tires.

Here's the rear Game changer suspension, you can see the control arms, bump stop, track bar and bracket, sway bar drop bracket, new brake line and Game changer shock.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone painted there MK parts? Not a fan of the zinc coated part.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
-

Originally Posted by filthy-Beast
Still need to get the bumpers on and 35s, but this is how it sits with the Game Changer 3.5" Lift and stock Rubi tires.

Here's the rear Game changer suspension, you can see the control arms, bump stop, track bar and bracket, sway bar drop bracket, new brake line and Game changer shock.
How much lift did you actually get from this kit? Also, what do the sway bar drop brackets help with? Purpose?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaronstephen
How much lift did you actually get from this kit? Also, what do the sway bar drop brackets help with? Purpose?
From Metalcloak "designed to provide the additional clearance necessary to ideally run the 6PakTM Shocks while not requiring you to replace your stock muffler with a smaller, lower profile muffler."

In my haste to get started I forgot to measure the jeep before I started, I'd say on the basically stock jeep it's a little over 4". as I add bumpers, winch, fenders and skids I expect it to settle in at about 3.5".
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was looking to find the lift height as well when I placed my recent order with MC. Spoke to Wil who was very helpful. He provided me with the following information that help me make my decision.

MC springs are rated for a fully loaded Jeep, I. E., armor, winch, bumpers, etc.

On a stock Jeep the 2.5 inch springs will net (approx) 3.25-3.5 inches of lift. The 3.5 inch springs would bet 4 - 4.5 inches of lift.

According to Wil, they do design their lifts with 1 inch of rake to account for a fully loaded Jeep on the trail. Stock rake is 2 inches.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a set of front lower control arms from MC. I can't wait to get them on. I ordered online and actually got a conformation call and thank you for my order along with an email doing the same. I like that extra effort. Should have them in a week or so!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

UPS dropped off my 3.5" Duroflex kit this morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130510_105048.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	456603

It took nearly a month to get it, which was a little frustrating. There wasn't any rush on my end though, so no big deal. Very impressed with build quality and packaging of all parts. I made multiple calls over the past month to get status updates on the order and Will was always very helpful and professional.

I will post pictures tomorrow after finishing the installation.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phrogmech46
I have over 30k problem free miles on my 3.5 GC lite with Bilstien shocks. At around 25k miles I inspected and lubed the bushing for the first time after install and they still looked brand new. Jeep rides great both on and off road.
This system is interesting and demos are interesting, a few questions:

after 30000 miles have you had to take the joints apart and how do you lube them (if needed)?

Since the arms seem to allow more travel curious if there are any issues with bump stops, shocks bottoming out or have you noticed any spring over compression?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

I am very please with their service.
I also am quite fond of my Metalcloak Frame Built front bumper. I have beat this thing on rocks pretty hard and there is no damage except to the outer powder coating.

Last edited by Tiger3; 05-11-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are the Metal Cloak 'Vulcanized Rubber' bump stops as good as the rest of the system?
Are they as good as, say, FOX air bump stops?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread