Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
?? They're adjustable. I asked the question before I checked my pinion angle. That said, 4.5" on stock arms = arms are too short.
Actually, for the rear, the stock arms are not too short with 4.5 springs. AEV designed it that way. Yes it rotates the axle closer to the pinch seam, but it keeps my pinion angle just fine. I have 67000 miles on the stock driveshaft (4 door)). for a 2 door it would not work; reason why AEV doesn't offer it on a 2 door.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Hoping to order the entry 2.5" MC lift kit which includes front upper CA's. I'm considering adding another set of CA's and wondering if the rear upper arms would be the best choice.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep757
Hoping to order the entry 2.5" MC lift kit which includes front upper CA's. I'm considering adding another set of CA's and wondering if the rear upper arms would be the best choice.
If you have a stock driveshaft, you should be fine without the rears. If you have a 2-door also, it may be better with stock arms. I just put the 2.5 game changer on and will be shortening my rear uppers to get more of a stock pinion angle. I have some serious coil bowing.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep757
BTW, I talked to them and they will do front lowers instead of the uppers if you want.

Any reason why they start with the uppers while it seems every other kit starts with the lowers?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by idiotec
BTW, I talked to them and they will do front lowers instead of the uppers if you want. Any reason why they start with the uppers while it seems every other kit starts with the lowers?
Uppers cost less is the only reason. Lowers are better as you maintain wheelbase.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Uppers cost less is the only reason. Lowers are better as you maintain wheelbase.
Cool, that was my guess. I can't remember the exact cost difference but it wasn't too much to do the lowers instead of the uppers. Worth it to me.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by idiotec

BTW, I talked to them and they will do front lowers instead of the uppers if you want.

Any reason why they start with the uppers while it seems every other kit starts with the lowers?
Good to know, will keep that in mind when I order the kit
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

If you are referring to metalcloak and I'm guessing you are (I haven't read up yet to catch up with the convo)... I just read a post the other night from Jeepineer, or Matson, I can't remember which, but I believed they stated they went with the uppers first because the stock lowers had decent flex for what they were and the uppers would give a bigger benefit to start. Don't quote me exact on this as I did a lot of reading that day but I'm nearly 70% sure one of them stated that. There was other stuff stated too but I can't Remember everything. Maybe something about some angle correction or something? Dunno about that part.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
If you are referring to metalcloak and I'm guessing you are (I haven't read up yet to catch up with the convo)... I just read a post the other night from Jeepineer, or Matson, I can't remember which, but I believed they stated they went with the uppers first because the stock lowers had decent flex for what they were and the uppers would give a bigger benefit to start. Don't quote me exact on this as I did a lot of reading that day but I'm nearly 70% sure one of them stated that. There was other stuff stated too but I can't Remember everything. Maybe something about some angle correction or something? Dunno about that part. Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
I don't disagree with the statement. However, either way isn't going to be the limiting factor in flex, so somewhat irrelevant.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I tried for a couple minutes to find the post so I could post it but, I'm on my cell right now and it was taking more time than I was willing to put into it. if I find it later on my laptop I'll post it up. I'm curious myself now exactly what all it was he stated.

Throwing this out there too, Jeepineer mentioned they recommend a certain order of the build to maximize and get the best flex, performance ...etc. out of it. I don’t personally know what that order is but it probably wouldn't be hard to find out by dropping one of them a mail if one wanted to find out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.

Last edited by D3ADLY; 01-24-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread