Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Congrats.

I had just gotten the money together for the 3.5 and 6 packs. Then my appendix decided that it wanted to be removed. So 6 weeks of no work killed that.
Hey I hear ya, had to lose my Appendix awhile ago too.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky47
I just put on full Metalcloak bumpers and fenders this past weekend. Amazing product! Everything fit up perfectly and quality is awesome. You def pay more coin for there stuff but you get what you pay for! I drove up to there shop to pick up my stuff and the staff is very helpful and knowledgable. I def recommend this company and product to anyone. I look forward to also picking up their game changer in the future. Hope your experience with them is as good as mine was.
I really like the bumper combo you went with. I'm considering going with a similar setup.

I wheel with a guy that has the MC fenders front and rear + rear corners. They are SOLID and look great! I have Xenon fenders now because I got them cheap. Probably go with the MC fenders and corners eventually.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, hope you're talking about my rig, Rick, my friend.

Agree with Ricky 47 100%. Awesome products. Get compliments everytime on their fenders. Outstanding fitment, quality and hardware. Stout as hell. MCs great idea of a sheet template makes the install sooo much easier to deal with nutcerts. Don't feel the price is that big of a difference if you go with only the fenders and no rock corners and led's. If you factor in the cost of panels with the fenders, you get them with the MC's. Apple's to apple's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130419_051202.jpg
Views:	1376
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	448575
Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Danny4652
Metalcloak Fenders vs. bushwhacked flats

I have bushwhackers now but I really like the MC Overlines. Anyone went from BW to MC? There's definitely a difference in strength and quality but why about clearance in the fender well? Any input is welcomed.
No question of clearance with the MC's. Fronts mount almost to the hood line and rear way above the fender line. Is say a safe conservative guess would be an addl 3" of clearance over the other standard fenderwell mount fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-1.jpeg
Views:	1195
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	448576
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by highwayman
Haha, hope you're talking about my rig, Rick, my friend.

Agree with Ricky 47 100%. Awesome products. Get compliments everytime on their fenders. Outstanding fitment, quality and hardware. Stout as hell. MCs great idea of a sheet template makes the install sooo much easier to deal with nutcerts. Don't feel the price is that big of a difference if you go with only the fenders and no rock corners and led's. If you factor in the cost of panels with the fenders, you get them with the MC's. Apple's to apple's.

Attachment 448575
Ha ha. Didn't know you were on here too Craig!

Is this pic after the Stoddard Wells run?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by big dr
37's on a stock suspension,,, I love it,, do you have any pics of that?,,,,,, Talk about the suspension being the limiting factor!
Here's stock suspension and 37's and the Evo 4" DD suspension with the same 37's

Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by suicideking

Ha ha. Didn't know you were on here too Craig!

Is this pic after the Stoddard Wells run?
Haha, yeah.
Definately not a place I hang out much, though. Too much BS, if u know what I mean. This was our last run at MC.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered full set of control arms and 2.5 springs. Anxious to see the difference (if any).
Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

Well I finally got my jeep back and got to test out my gamechanger on the road. Very impressed with the ride and how it handles in turns and corners. Next step will be on the rocks. Should be fun.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

3.5" Duroflex lift is ordered! Will post before and after pics along with ride review.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread