Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matson from mc said hell probably go thru this thread and the other one when he gets a chance and let me know his feedback fyi.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh that would be cool.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I am running the Overland flares and 35's and planning on installing their middle of the road 2.5" lift (springs, OME shocks, front LCA's, front track bar and rear track bar mount) are you all saying that the factory stock track bar will be an issue? I thought the rear bracket was so you COULD use the stock track bar?? Learning a lot on this thread, but confused by a lot. Seems a lot of you don't run any MC but have a lot to say about it.

35's fit fine with their fenders btw, but up travel would be limited and so I will be adding the 2.5 and eventually buying the rest of the CA's.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cgflyer
Ok, so I am running the Overland flares and 35's and planning on installing their middle of the road 2.5" lift (springs, OME shocks, front LCA's, front track bar and rear track bar mount) are you all saying that the factory stock track bar will be an issue? I thought the rear bracket was so you COULD use the stock track bar?? Learning a lot on this thread, but confused by a lot. Seems a lot of you don't run any MC but have a lot to say about it. 35's fit fine with their fenders btw, but up travel would be limited and so I will be adding the 2.5 and eventually buying the rest of the CA's.
I'm not saying you can't use the stock track bar and bracket without problems but I don't think it will center your axle completely and in my opinion it will limit up travel with your stock exhaust but if you have bump stops that's no issue. This is the opinion of the guy who has no brain and is ignorant so take it with a grain of salt. Lol
Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish they had the overland fenders out when I bought my PS fender flares. They are dead sexy!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SF Nick
I'm not saying you can't use the stock track bar and bracket without problems but I don't think it will center your axle completely and in my opinion it will limit up travel with your stock exhaust but if you have bump stops that's no issue. This is the opinion of the guy who has no brain and is ignorant so take it with a grain of salt. Lol
I have the Banks Stinger exhaust and Cold Air kit, so not sure if my exhaust will be an issue or not, still need to get a space for the front axle clearance issue. Probably gonna use Rough Country's for now.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

35's stock suspension, MC Overlands. The lift is in the garage along with my OR Fab spare tire/Gerry can carrier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2216640919.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	516617   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1123552608.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	516618  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I was not trying to be insulting, you were trowing the LOL after my quotes like you think I am full of shit. People can take my advise or leave it, I really don't care. I am not here to bash on Metal Cloak either, I was just adding some reason to the conversation. By your logic of a track bar increasing articulation then I should have an infinite amount of flex since I don't even run a rear track bar.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I was not trying to be insulting, you were trowing the LOL after my quotes like you think I am full of shit. People can take my advise or leave it, I really don't care. I am not here to bash on Metal Cloak either, I was just adding some reason to the conversation. By your logic of a track bar increasing articulation then I should have an infinite amount of flex since I don't even run a rear track bar.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

I was going to make a comment in this thread, but, by the time I got through the 7 pages of conversation today ..... I forgot what I was going to say!!! Ah, I remember ..... someone commented that the MC track bar bracket in the video was different from the cad image. I think the cad image has it flipped around to the opposite side.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread