Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
... you do not gain anything by using the metal cloak raised track bar bracket other then the raised roll center.
Maybe since dirtman said it, it will suddenly be true

Nahhh
Old 12-13-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You are not comprehending that the Metal Cloak raised track bar bracket is the problem. Their track bar can only be used with their bracket. I am not sure if you are laughing out loud at your ignorance? But it makes no sense to use, and you do not gain anything by using the metal cloak raised track bar bracket other then the raised roll center.
Hey hey hey no name calling! No I understand that it is the problem but people are using the current bracket with a straight track bar or stock track bar and claiming that they can get the same amount of clearance which leads to more flex.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just happy happy happy that DirtMan knows I exists even if he thinks I'm stupid;(
Old 12-13-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Hey hey hey no name calling! No I understand that it is the problem but people are using the current bracket with a straight track bar or stock track bar and claiming that they can get the same amount of clearance which leads to more flex.
Who even makes a straight track bar for jks? im currently running the stock bar on there new bracket and my flex is exactly the same, but my axle is off center by about 2" with the stock bar.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
Who even makes a straight track bar for jks? im currently running the stock bar on there new bracket and my flex is exactly the same, but my axle is off center by about 2"
I think his was homemade. So are you running 3inch bumps? Then it would be the same put a smaller bump stop and see of it clears the factory exhaust.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi

I think his was homemade. So are you running 3inch bumps? Then it would be the same put a smaller bump stop and see of it clears the factory exhaust.
Im the one making a homemade one...What happened to your brain? Bumps play a minimal part in this. Factory exhaust might hit, but i dont have one to even test. Your arguing it limits flex and it clearly does not. This ongoing argument is pointless. Your looking to far into the many variables of everyones different builds.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im the one making a homemade one...What happened to your brain? Bumps play a minimal part in this. Factory exhaust might hit, but i dont have one to even test. Your arguing it limits flex and it clearly does not. This ongoing argument is pointless. Your looking to far into the many variables of everyones different builds.
This is true but in my application it increases flex. Y'all are the ones who told me it did not.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of insults going on in here.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 AM
JK Jedi

This is true but in my application it increases flex. Y'all are the ones who told me it did not.
Its not your exhaust is limiting your flex then. I will blame the weaker part. Still as said theres always variables and many ways to approach each.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-13-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its not your exhaust is limiting your flex then. I will blame the weaker part. Still as said theres always variables and many ways to approach each.
I agree! My Jeeps still better than yours! Lol Just kidding.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread