Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
I see what you're getting at. I'm just saying the way the track bar and bracket are designed with the 3.5 inch lift it gives you the ability to clear the factory exhaust & diff better than other after market kits I've seen. Clearance gives flex
I am sorry but it makes no difference on a 3.5" either. If you run the factory track bar on a 3.5" lift you will still have the same amount of clearance and articulation, your axle would just be offset.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I am sorry but it makes no difference on a 3.5" either. If you run the factory track bar on a 3.5" lift you will still have the same amount of clearance and articulation, your axle would just be offset.
Well this all got started because some people are running a straight rear track bar. Read back it's not about the factory track bar.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Surely nobody is running a factory track bar with a 3.5 inch lift.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If you are running a 3.5" raised track bar on the axle the factory track bar is fine and your axle would be centered.
The metal clock bracket being at 6.5" high causes the clearance issue which is solved by all the bends in the track bar. If they used a 3.5" tall bracket there would be no clearance issues to deal with.
Metal cloak has come up with a $300 solution to the axle centering issue that can be solved with a $35 bracket and a 3" piece of 3/16x3" of bar stock.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

What does that have to do with your misstatements about more articulation?
Old 12-13-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surely nobody is running a factory track bar with a 3.5 inch lift.
I am, Teraflex bracket. Trackbar in middle hole, axle is perfectly centered. At some point I'll get an adjustable rear trackbar but its been fine like this since 2008.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

What does that have to do with your misstatements about more articulation?
You cannot run MC bracket & A factory trackBar without hitting the factory exhaust wich takes away flex. Clearance is a must.

So are you saying I could articulate the same amount? I would think it would articulate more to the right than the left but if in general articulation then yes. Lol I'm sorry
Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I am, Teraflex bracket. Trackbar in middle hole, axle is perfectly centered. At some point I'll get an adjustable rear trackbar but its been fine like this since 2008.
Yes but you are running bumps or a aftermarket exhaust? I'm sure.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

You are not comprehending that the Metal Cloak raised track bar bracket is the problem. Their track bar can only be used with their bracket. I am not sure if you are laughing out loud at your ignorance? But it makes no sense to use, and you do not gain anything by using the metal cloak raised track bar bracket other then the raised roll center.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot run MC bracket & A factory trackBar without hitting the factory exhaust wich takes away flex. Clearance is a must.

So are you saying I could articulate the same amount? I would think it would articulate more to the right than the left but if in general articulation then yes. Lol I'm sorry
It will still flex as much as your shocks allow... Dirtman is correct. You can run there older mc bracket wich is 3.5 i would think and it will be damn close to center with a stock trackbar.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread