Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKred
I've bent both my front and rear trackbar. Front from side impact on the axle, bent at the manufacturers clearance bend, rear because it smacked a rock. 1.5" DOM (I think 0.188" wall). I now run synergy trackbars, which are 1.5" solid bar stock.
Yeah the factory stuff is crap.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
He said its a gold chromate, but im pretty sure its just a yellow zinc coating as found on grade 8 fasteners typically as well as many other things. Its not bad, but can still rust with salt, but what cant in all reality...I should have realized they were different materials as ive seen that same coating on many differnt materials and it varies greatly. Im more so just trying to correct what I said earlier.
Yeah the coating on the bracket looks like a zinc coating to me too. Mine flacked off pretty easy.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Nick
this shows there old bracket not the new one in there video...They changed there bracket, but not the bar it looks.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-13-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

this shows there old bracket not the new one in there video...They changed there bracket, but not the bar it looks.

Look at the video looks like the same bracket to me, well at least the bracket I have. The cad design look different though.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One word Clearance
Right on, I did not realize it was solid chromo. I still don't like how drastic the bends are, but its a step in a good direction.

With that said, that still doesn't prove that the bracket and the trackbar increase travel. They don't. The trackbar has been bent to clear the exhaust with the 6.5" raised bracket. It's "clearanced" as you point out to accomidate being raised. That does not improve travel. In fact, my 5.5" raised Atrec bracket and trackbar with the exhaust pre axle dumped will work during the same amount of travel.

Hell, factory trackbar and factory brackets will still accomidate the same travel.

The point is: They changed (improved) roll axis geometry, and had to bend the trackbar to maintain the same level of travel, and not introduce a new limit.

Adding this bracket and TB isnt going to miraculously give you more travel.

Yeah the factory stuff is crap.
Neither were factory.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Right on, I did not realize it was solid chromo. I still don't like how drastic the bends are, but its a step in a good direction. With that said, that still doesn't prove that the bracket and the trackbar increase travel. They don't. The trackbar has been bent to clear the exhaust with the 6.5" raised bracket. It's "clearanced" as you point out to accomidate being raised. That does not improve travel. In fact, my 5.5" raised Atrec bracket and trackbar with the exhaust pre axle dumped will work during the same amount of travel. Hell, factory trackbar and factory brackets will still accomidate the same travel. The point is: They changed (improved) roll axis geometry, and had to bend the trackbar to maintain the same level of travel, and not introduce a new limit. Adding this bracket and TB isnt going to miraculously give you more travel. Neither were factory.

Honestly I don't think MC cares about Roll center that's evident in no front track bar bracket. Everything is done to increase travel. I'll just agree to disagree.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then why bother adding a raised bracket at all.... if they don't care about the roll center
Old 12-13-2013, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Then why bother adding a raised bracket at all.... if they don't care about the roll center

Look at the design. It's for clearance to increase travel. Lol

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Rear-Tr...oly-p/7010.htm
Old 12-13-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:thinki ng:
Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

:thinki ng:
I like those emotions. Lol