Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
The arms were a very consistent gold color while the bracket appeared to be gold and silvery. But I live if FL and didn't really want my suspension to match all the old ladies' dresses.
My bracket was the same, the arms sound like there done right lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to be honest, after seeing some of the pictures of the rear bracket you all are sharing, I'm not sure I'm going to run it... If I get the Eiffel Tower bracket I am probably going to order an EVO or Synergy one and run it instead. Especially since I am running EVO Rock-Star Skids. I don't like the idea of the LCA bolt going through the bracket and EVO skid.

I'm going to wait until I have all my parts in hand before I decide for sure, but the coating is an extra push away from the MC bracket.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I've got to be honest, after seeing some of the pictures of the rear bracket you all are sharing, I'm not sure I'm going to run it... If I get the Eiffel Tower bracket I am probably going to order an EVO or Synergy one and run it instead. Especially since I am running EVO Rock-Star Skids. I don't like the idea of the LCA bolt going through the bracket and EVO skid.

I'm going to wait until I have all my parts in hand before I decide for sure, but the coating is an extra push away from the MC bracket.
Thats a good call. There bracket makes no sense. Way to tall. You could get a longer bolt if you wanted, but the bracket is not needed to be that tall, also raises it 6.5" wich screws your roll center imo. MKs kits do not adress the front at all either. They leave the track bar and do nothing for steering...

Honestly id rather raise the front and drag link flip and leave the rear track bar in the stock spot if there not gonna do it completely right at least adress the front not the rear.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Thats a good call. There bracket makes no sense. Way to tall. You could get a longer bolt if you wanted, but the bracket is not needed to be that tall, also raises it 6.5" wich screws your roll center imo. MKs kits do not adress the front at all either. They leave the track bar and do nothing for steering...

Honestly id rather raise the front and drag link flip and leave the rear track bar in the stock spot if there not gonna do it completely right at least adress the front not the rear.
Yea, It's interesting that they don't feel the front is needed yet WAY over do it on the rear.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Jedi

Yea, It's interesting that they don't feel the front is needed yet WAY over do it on the rear.
yeah i just got in an argument kinda over this in another thread, it baffles me how many fan boys there are without even running some of there stuff...but what do i know
Old 12-12-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

yeah i just got in an argument kinda over this in another thread, it baffles me how many fan boys there are without even running some of there stuff...but what do i know
I kinda agree with them that a JKU doesn't really NEED steering correction from a 3.5"ish lift. Will it benefit from it, likely, but needed, IMO no. A 2-door on the other had is going to be far more susceptible to bump-steer due to the shorter wheel base, and I would want it. I am going to try it without and see how it goes. If I get a bunch of bump-steer then I will likely run the Synergy Steering Correction Kit. But I'm going to let it be an issue first.

The rear I just can't get my head around and wish I had done a little more homework. Do you think I can use the MC Track Bar on an EVO rear bracket? I can't see why not, but I don't have the parts in hand yet.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi

I kinda agree with them that a JKU doesn't really NEED steering correction from a 3.5"ish lift. Will it benefit from it, likely, but needed, IMO no. A 2-door on the other had is going to be far more susceptible to bump-steer due to the shorter wheel base, and I would want it. I am going to try it without and see how it goes. If I get a bunch of bump-steer then I will likely run the Synergy Steering Correction Kit. But I'm going to let it be an issue first.

The rear I just can't get my head around and wish I had done a little more homework. Do you think I can use the MC Track Bar on an EVO rear bracket? I can't see why not, but I don't have the parts in hand yet.
I would assume it would be fine, Even the mk track bar is bent all crazy for some reason. But it should be fine. With how high there bracket is there is no need for all the weakening bends. Im building my track bar this weekend and it will be perfectly straight no bends at all.

Steering aside they still go about the roll center very akwardly.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

I would assume it would be fine, Even the mk track bar is bent all crazy for some reason. But it should be fine. With how high there bracket is there is no need for all the weakening bends. Im building my track bar this weekend and it will be perfectly straight no bends at all.

Steering aside they still go about the roll center very akwardly.
That's what I was thinking. If the stock rear was adjustable I would just keep it.

Sent from my wiz-bang time killing machine
Old 12-12-2013, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really don't see what the problem is with the rear track bar bracket. The MC lift kit was designed to give the greatest amount of Flex with a short arm 3.5inch lift. The rear bracket gives you more travel & the Curve in the Rear trackBar is there to clear your rear diff especially if you are running a aftermarket diff cover. If you add a Draglink flip kit in the front you have to run 3 inch bump stops witch in turn you lose Flex. I personally run a flip kit & 3inch bumps & it works great with the 3.5 lift with 37s and PS flat fenders. I don't run a steering stabilizer or a sway bar & I can run 70+ with no problems. I
would highly recommend adding the Synergy Draglink Flip kit to the MC lift. This is just my 2cents. I like all Evo's stuff & I'm in love with most of the Synergy Suspension parts. I just choose MC because it truly is a great lift kit & design.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SF Nick
I really don't see what the problem is with the rear track bar bracket. The MC lift kit was designed to give the greatest amount of Flex with a short arm 3.5inch lift. The rear bracket gives you more travel & the Curve in the Rear trackBar is there to clear your rear diff especially if you are running a aftermarket diff cover. If you add a Draglink flip kit in the front you have to run 3 inch bump stops witch in turn you lose Flex. I personally run a flip kit & 3inch bumps & it works great with the 3.5 lift with 37s and PS flat fenders. I don't run a steering stabilizer or a sway bar & I can run 70+ with no problems. I
would highly recommend adding the Synergy Draglink Flip kit to the MC lift. This is just my 2cents. I like all Evo's stuff & I'm in love with most of the Synergy Suspension parts. I just choose MC because it truly is a great lift kit & design.
They say that, and kit wise its probably up there for the most travel out of a kit.
They don't have enough flex where the track bar was limiting them... Im going to have the same travel and a 1.5 od straight track bar with am aftermarket dif cover. It will not hit so i would still say its not needed. It raises the rear roll center above where its needed and keeps the front in the stock location after lifting. Id rather have them the same. As for the draglink thats my point it will limit them alot. But a draglink flip should be considered along with a front trackbar raise. They claim there coils help that wich is Nonsense. I also agree no steering stabilizer helps and keeps you more up on maintenance. Im not saying its a bad kit, but i dont feel there the best and only option, especially if you do lots of fab work. Most people dont i get it, but still.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread