Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodi
What did you add?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2.5" GCL. sitting at about 3.5.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rodi
2.5" GCL. sitting at about 3.5.
Nice! Are those duratracs ?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes. 285's.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have a MC 2.5" Dual-Rate lift setting in the garage waiting on my JKU to be delivered. For those that have installed this lift, how difficult is this install? I've never installed a lift but I am mechanically inclined. Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

We did a 2.5 on my jk on Friday. Wasn't bad at all. Just take your time and preferably have somebody with lift experience. Brad and I helped but Jay and Brian with Stomper Offroad were the pros. A lift and air tools made all the difference. It rides and handles AWESOME. MetalCloak has designed a very complete system that works exactly as advertised.

I originally ordered the 3.5, but was shipped 2.5 springs. Stomper is going swap them out for the 3.5"s.

For those who have done the Game Changer Lite 3.5, what was your net lift in front and back?

Here is before and after.

Thanks,
Ted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	513798   Click image for larger version

Name:	LEW Jeep.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	513801  
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wightmn
We did a 2.5 on my jk on Friday. Wasn't bad at all. Just take your time and preferably have somebody with lift experience. Brad and I helped but Jay and Brian with Stomper Offroad were the pros. A lift and air tools made all the difference. It rides and handles AWESOME. MetalCloak has designed a very complete system that works exactly as advertised.

I originally ordered the 3.5, but was shipped 2.5 springs. Stomper is going swap them out for the 3.5"s.

For those who have done the Game Changer Lite 3.5, what was your net lift in front and back?

Here is before and after.

Thanks,
Ted
Hey Ted,

That is a bit funny. They sent me the 3.5" springs. Guess they swapped our boxes. They're sending me the 2.5" now.

What was your net lift with the 2.5" springs? I got 4.25" in the front and 4.0" in the back. When I installed the ACE 190lb rear bumper and 90lb spare, I lost 3/4" in there rear.

Are those 35" tires?

Last edited by BigMike; 12-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigMike
Hey Ted,

That is a bit funny. They sent me the 3.5" springs. Guess they swapped our boxes. They're sending me the 2.5" now.

What was your net lift with the 2.5" springs? I got 4.25" in the front and 4.0" in the back. When I installed the ACE 190lb rear bumper and 90lb spare, I lost 3/4" in there rear.

Are those 35" tires?
Mike,

Yes, they are 35's. Think they actually measure about 34.5"

I don't have measurements with the same set of tires. Went from 32.5" Terras to 34.5 Trails.

Measurements are from the floor to bottom edge of the fender on the wheel centerline.

I picked up 4.25" front and rear. Just guessing, but if you take an inch out for the wheel difference, it looks like 3.25 of lift for the 2.5 springs.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Installed might on Saturday. Honestly I was a bit irritated with a few things....just couldn't get over the fact that the kit is setup for a 3.5. It wasn't hard adjusting the control arms for the 2.5 but it was time consuming. Seems like MC could've adjusted for that or even sent some kind of lengths. On top of that the jam nuts where extremely loose when I opened the box. 2nd, the fact that I ( like most others with the 2.5) had to use the stock rear swaybar links up front instead of the MC ones was kinda if crappy. Why not ship with the correct length for the 2.5 rather than the 3.5 or even ship with adjustable links. Just kind if seems like the 2.5 was an after thought of the 3.5 and they didn't want to change much of anything at all for it. Don't get me wrong, the kit is phenemal....I just think a few things need tweaked for the 2.5 kit. I'll have to post pic up once I get home

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
Installed might on Saturday. Honestly I was a bit irritated with a few things....just couldn't get over the fact that the kit is setup for a 3.5. It wasn't hard adjusting the control arms for the 2.5 but it was time consuming. Seems like MC could've adjusted for that or even sent some kind of lengths. On top of that the jam nuts where extremely loose when I opened the box. 2nd, the fact that I ( like most others with the 2.5) had to use the stock rear swaybar links up front instead of the MC ones was kinda if crappy. Why not ship with the correct length for the 2.5 rather than the 3.5 or even ship with adjustable links. Just kind if seems like the 2.5 was an after thought of the 3.5 and they didn't want to change much of anything at all for it. Don't get me wrong, the kit is phenemal....I just think a few things need tweaked for the 2.5 kit. I'll have to post pic up once I get home Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
the supplied sway bar links are not the right length?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread