Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodi
is that what you did with yours?

Will at MC said it's supposed to be as pictured for the reasons that mattgt5 gave above.
The picture above is way more than 5*. You won't even notice 5* above parallel.

Yes, that is what I did, on this lift and my last 2.5" lift.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is precisely 14 degrees.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Jedi

I should say that my lift was 3.5-4" when my rear links were bent.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Starting with step 14, they talk about the MC install.

PowerBlock Magazine
Old 11-28-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Starting with step 14, they talk about the MC install.

PowerBlock Magazine
If memory serves me correctly... This build did not use a full MC system. Only the arms were used.

Sent from my wiz-bang time killing machine
Old 11-28-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I could be reading some of these posts wrong. But removing the springs and lining up the bump stops at full compression is basically the length of the stock control arms. It seems that aligning the bump stops at normal riding height and then adjusting the pinion/caster angle makes more sense. I have next to no experience setting up control arms though so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigMike
I could be reading some of these posts wrong. But removing the springs and lining up the bump stops at full compression is basically the length of the stock control arms. It seems that aligning the bump stops at normal riding height and then adjusting the pinion/caster angle makes more sense. I have next to no experience setting up control arms though so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hmmm...that makes sense, Mike. I didn't even think about that being stock length. But I would think you want your bumpstops to make contact centered to prevent damage. Aren't the MC bumpstops staggered as you add each puck? If so then it would be different than stock length.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jnabird333
If memory serves me correctly... This build did not use a full MC system. Only the arms were used.

Sent from my wiz-bang time killing machine
It is just the arms. But still helpful I think. Does doing one arm at a time keep the axle centered as they stated?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it will get you close, but when the coils are in and the weight is on it the vehicle the lift will push the arms down and in slightly so they need to be slightly lengthened usually for your pinion to be back to where it was, but your correct the bumpstops may not be perfect depending on the height and pinion your running. But shouldnt be an issue. Hell mines stretched just one inch in the front and they still barely hit.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
it will get you close, but when the coils are in and the weight is on it the vehicle the lift will push the arms down and in slightly so they need to be slightly lengthened usually for your pinion to be back to where it was, but your correct the bumpstops may not be perfect depending on the height and pinion your running. But shouldnt be an issue. Hell mines stretched just one inch in the front and they still barely hit.
Sounds good, Maertz. So as long as they hit I should be good. Got it. One more week to install. I can't wait.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread