Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess ill get it and modify it up then, not really any other options for stuff... For some reason on jeepforum he said he wasnt a member on here yet.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Thanks everyone.

I'm installing ACE Pro Series bumpers. They should be in on Thursday. I'm also going to do their rock sliders and most likely their flat fenders.
It looks Sick right now,,, when its done it will graduate to ,,, BAD ASS!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
id rather not buy anything metalcloak....
First of all, why not?

Secondly, how did you win the gift card?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
Can anybody confirm the lengths of the control arms for the 2.5 lift? I'll have my lift later on today so hopefully I'll be installing weds or fri.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
If you look at post #340 in this thread you will see the lengths I calculated for the 2.5". Those figures are calculated from MC 3.5" and seem to be pretty accurate. My kit is scheduled for delivery on 12/4 and those are the figures I will be using for baseline before install.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 AM
JK Junkie

With the lowers in and coils out, you want the bumpstop to hit the pad right in the center. Uppers are going to set your pinion/caster angles which will be different jeep to jeep. The uppers may not be the same lengths depending on positioning of the mounts from the factory.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks much! I have it dialed in pretty well. I'm going to tweak the front control arms over the long weekend coming up. I took it on a shake down run and it rides great. Straight line, no pulling, no shaking or shimmy.

Here is a shot from the finished product. BTW - I got 4.25" in the front and 4" in the back. I'm wondering if they gave me 3.5" springs.

Update: Will @ Metal Cloack contacted me yesterday after he saw the results of my lift. He asked me to check the part numbers on my springs. They sent the 3.5" springs instead of the 2.5" springs. Makes sense now. The kit comes in 5 boxes where 2 of the boxes are the front and rear springs. Easy mistake to make. Changing out the springs is no big deal so I'll slip the new ones in when they come.

I'm getting my bumpers today and will install them on Sunday. If the new springs are here I'll put those in and dial in the control arms. It will be interesting to see the pictures between comparing the two lifts. You guys will get to see the same Jeep/setup with 3.5" and 2.5".
Old 11-26-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update: Will @ Metal Cloack contacted me yesterday after he saw the results of my lift. He asked me to check the part numbers on my springs. They sent the 3.5" springs instead of the 2.5" springs. Makes sense now. The kit comes in 5 boxes where 2 of the boxes are the front and rear springs. Easy mistake to make. Changing out the springs is no big deal so I'll slip the new ones in when they come.

I'm getting my bumpers today and will install them on Sunday. If the new springs are here I'll put those in and dial in the control arms. It will be interesting to see the pictures between comparing the two lifts. You guys will get to see the same Jeep/setup with 3.5" and 2.5".
WTF? They send out crappy instructions without CA lengths then they send out the wrong springs....when is this company going to get their act together?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Great thread I'm about to order their entry level 2.5 lift

Sending out the wrong springs is not a huge mix up... The fact that they saw a post about their product and followed up on what could have been their mistake just to insure the customer is satisfied says more to me then a simple box mix up

It would be nice if they let you keep the old springs though
Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattr
Great thread I'm about to order their entry level 2.5 lift

Sending out the wrong springs is not a huge mix up... The fact that they saw a post about their product and followed up on what could have been their mistake just to insure the customer is satisfied says more to me then a simple box mix up

It would be nice if they let you keep the old springs though
Yep, not a big deal. I'll be tweaking the suspension anyway and springs are extremely easy to swap. I'm actually impressed with their customer service and the way they step up and take responsibility. Mistakes happen. They also were extremely open and honest with me when I provided them feedback on the instructions.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Yep, not a big deal. I'll be tweaking the suspension anyway and springs are extremely easy to swap. I'm actually impressed with their customer service and the way they step up and take responsibility. Mistakes happen. They also were extremely open and honest with me when I provided them feedback on the instructions. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Explains the height

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread