Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMike
Thanks everyone.

I'm installing ACE Pro Series bumpers. They should be in on Thursday. I'm also going to do their rock sliders and most likely their flat fenders.
Damn man, that stance is awesome!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM
JK Freak

Can anybody confirm the lengths of the control arms for the 2.5 lift? I'll have my lift later on today so hopefully I'll be installing weds or fri.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
Can anybody confirm the lengths of the control arms for the 2.5 lift? I'll have my lift later on today so hopefully I'll be installing weds or fri.

I don't have the front exactly dialed in yet, but I started with matching them up to the stock control arms and adding a 1/4". No complaints at all on the way it rides but I want to check to ensure the axle has the proper alignment and caster/pinion angle.

For the rear, I set the lower controls arms at 20-3/16". The upper control arms I set at 18-3/16" but basically eye-balled the pinion angel. I had to let the right side out a turn for it to line up correctly though.

There is definitely an 'art' to this but it really isn't that difficult once you're in there turning wrenches. just be sure that each respective arm (left/right lower and left/right upper) control arms are the same length. This will ensure the axle is perfectly perpendicular to the frame (barring any bent control arms mounts).
Old 11-25-2013, 03:24 AM
JK Freak

Appreciate the input!

Old 11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
That looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine. I calculated what I think is a good baseline for the control arms and front track bar based on the information I had. I would be curious to see if the measurements are close to what you end up with.

Control Arms:

UF - 18 3/4
LF - 22 15/16
UR - 18 1/8
LR - 20 1/4

Track Bars:

Front: 32 13/16
Rear: ?

I couldn't calculate that because I don't know the stock length.

I was going to give you these figures if you were going to try to adjust BASELINE before install. That's why I asked. If my numbers are closee would it be possible for you to measure the factory rear track bar?

Thanks. Again it looks great!
those pretty damn accurate and what is needed on most basic suspension lifts. Just a tad longer than stock.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so with the help of some guys at work I figured out why my instrument cluster lit up like a Christmas tree after I installed my Overland fender flares...be careful where you are drilling. Cut 3 wires and nicked 5! But luckily I work with airplane mechanics and we are back in business. Would hate to see what the dealer would have charged me. "Look before you leap" needs to be changed to "look before you drill" doh...to be exact, look out for some very important wires behind your front passenger side wheel well if you decide to install MC flares.
JK Freak

2.5 Gamechanger Lite officially sitting in the garage

JK Enthusiast

Oh and my lift shipped today! Dec 3 scheduled delivery.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a question for you all, seen as I dont believe Matson from metalcloak is on this forum.. It pertains to there rear track bar bracket. id rather not buy anything metalcloak, but won a $100 gift card and figured I should use it.

Track Bar Mount Kit, JK Lower Rear

Im really confused how it is

• Designed for Massive Up-Travel & Down-Travel
• No Frame Interference

Looks like it reinforces it decently and raises it wich is good.

Any one got good info form an engineer side? They dont have a crazy breakdown like on other items, but still do make a crazy claim. My stocker has not been the limiting factor in up/down travel and has never been close to my frame....
Old 11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

They can make the claim that it'll increase up and down travel since it doesn't appear to have the gusset over the top like the factory one does.

Like you said though- it's not been a limiting factor yet and you'd need quite a bit of axle shifting to see the full arc on it.

Matson is on the forum, but I don't recall the last time I saw him log in.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread