Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

n/m, further research tells me the wheel side portion of the bracket bolts through the lower control arm bracket... I'm still stock in that regard, so all is good.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've scanned and searched, but I'm not seeing where anyone is running the MC rock sliders. Does anyone have experience with them? I'm curious about ease of mounting and use as a step. I have little doubt they're as stout on the trail as MC's other products.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Installed a set of MetalCloak 2.5" springs last weekend. Replaced a set of Skyjacker 3" springs. The actual ride height is almost identical... raised the front 1/4" and the back stayed the same so the Jeep is level now. Before it sat with a nose down rake. The on road ride is a lot better now, I can't wait to get it offroad and see what it does. Just thought I'd share.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdash
Installed a set of MetalCloak 2.5" springs last weekend. Replaced a set of Skyjacker 3" springs. The actual ride height is almost identical... raised the front 1/4" and the back stayed the same so the Jeep is level now. Before it sat with a nose down rake. The on road ride is a lot better now, I can't wait to get it offroad and see what it does. Just thought I'd share.
Oh man - nice upgrade! Was the free length a lot longer with the MC springs? You don't hear much about MC coming unseated when flexed out like some of the other brands. My 2.5" TF springs came out all the time (same shocks)
Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
Oh man - nice upgrade! Was the free length a lot longer with the MC springs? You don't hear much about MC coming unseated when flexed out like some of the other brands. My 2.5" TF springs came out all the time (same shocks)
I didn't bust out a tape measure or anything, but free length was quite a bit longer. Probably 2"-3" difference.

I'm curious to see if the rear springs come unseated. I didn't have to remove the shocks when I installed the rear springs so I'm assuming the rears will come unseated at full droop. (I had the sway bar and trackbar disconnected though) I had Currie spring retainers on my old springs because of that, but I couldn't get the top retainers to fit the MetalCloak springs with the coil windings so tight. I'm guessing limit straps are in my future for the rear.

The fronts will not unseat. I had to completely disect the front end and had to jack the axle up to reconnect the shocks.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Which shocks were you running?
Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by monte417
which shocks were you running?
ome lt.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

ome lt.
Yeah those suckers got some droop. To keep my coils in I put a retainer on the bottom and a 1/2 spacer up top. I'm running the ranchos with about the same extended length as the lt
Old 01-28-2016, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any Metalcloak coupons out there? Fixing to order couple thousand dollars worth of parts from there site!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Extremneon
Any Metalcloak coupons out there? Fixing to order couple thousand dollars worth of parts from there site!
Look for a free shipping sale on the website. They'll pop up every now and then and for major holidays usually.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread