Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the shackle mounts on the Metalcloak Front Bumper 3/4", 7/8", or 1"?

I have looked all over there website i must be blind. I'm looking to tow behind a motorhome and this Blue Ox 1" D-ring Adapter says it fits Metalcloak Bumpers which i plan on getting.

Amazon.com: Blue Ox BX88291 Off-Road Adapter Lug Kit: Automotive
Old 06-07-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EliteViper777
Are the shackle mounts on the Metalcloak Front Bumper 3/4", 7/8", or 1"? I have looked all over there website i must be blind. I'm looking to tow behind a motorhome and this Blue Ox 1" D-ring Adapter says it fits Metalcloak Bumpers which i plan on getting. Amazon.com: Blue Ox BX88291 Off-Road Adapter Lug Kit: Automotive
A 7/8 pin fits.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
Congrats... Gonna be a great time! My wife and I installed mine in our garage without issue.
Sounds like you have an awesome wife!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has any had there MC control arms or springs powder coated, If so hows it holding up? I just pulled the trigger and ordered all the rest of the control arms to go with the 3.5" ARB kit that I still haven't received the track bar for yet. I also ordered up the MC exhaust spacers, rear brake lines, as well as the MetalCloak JK Outboard Front Lower Shock Mount Spacer Kit. Now I'm really getting excited to install everything .... I will order the Wheels and tires in another 2-3 weeks depending on when all the other parts arrive.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
Has any had there MC control arms or springs powder coated, If so hows it holding up? I just pulled the trigger and ordered all the rest of the control arms to go with the 3.5" ARB kit that I still haven't received the track bar for yet. I also ordered up the MC exhaust spacers, rear brake lines, as well as the MetalCloak JK Outboard Front Lower Shock Mount Spacer Kit. Now I'm really getting excited to install everything .... I will order the Wheels and tires in another 2-3 weeks depending on when all the other parts arrive.
If you don't like the color you can paint over what's existing. The standard finish is a miracle of modern science. Zero rust on my arms even after being solid white with salt for 4 months straight.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
If you don't like the color you can paint over what's existing. The standard finish is a miracle of modern science. Zero rust on my arms even after being solid white with salt for 4 months straight.
That's good to hear but I'm in the north east and we get some ridiculous amounts of snow, ice, and rain. I'm also worried about all of the rock salt on the roads from December to March.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
Congrats... Gonna be a great time! My wife and I installed mine in our garage without issue.
Man now that's quality time with wife, and if she's cool with working on jeep she's a keeper. LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good to hear but I'm in the north east and we get some ridiculous amounts of snow, ice, and rain. I'm also worried about all of the rock salt on the roads from December to March.
I live in northern NJ and drive to montreal Canada once or twice a month. I know salt my friend.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the uppers on since Nov. I've noticed 0 rust and we got hammered with snow at school for a couple months.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Man now that's quality time with wife, and if she's cool with working on jeep she's a keeper. LOL
Proof... lol...

After we wrapped it up, we signed and wrote our build date on the bottom of the tub.

Also, although it looks like it, the stands are not supporting the tie rod.

Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 06-10-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Dave's not here...

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread