Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Shouldn't be but is still get them put on the right way.
Just waiting for my installer to call me back.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
Dude your Jeep looks AWESOME!!! Did you do all the work yourself and did you do it all at once?
Thank you so much i appreciate your comment
No this all took place over about 5 months... i did everything my self in my garage.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joseph-98
Thank you so much i appreciate your comment No this all took place over about 5 months... i did everything my self in my garage.
Way better man than I am.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
It's not hard. Do it yourself.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also enjoy doing all the work myself on my jeep. It's also nice to know the person doing the works is taking pride in what there doing. LOL
Old 05-29-2015, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

The worst part is drilling the first hole... but once you do that all the rest come easy lol...the biggest thing i can tell you, if the fenders or whatever your getting has nutserts/rivetnutts .... buy a rivet nut tool!!!lol
Old 05-29-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
I ordered my Metal Cloak 3.5" ARB lift on 5/3 and still have not received it. I called Metal Cloak yesterday morning and left a message. They called me back this afternoon (5/27) and told me the track bar is still on backorder and it's going to be another 3-4 weeks and that they're going to send me the kit with out the bar and I can't install the lift with out it. Now I'm looking at almost 2 months for for my lift and they already have my money. I'm having a hard time figuring out how I order something directly from the manufacturer and supplier and it still takes 2 months get my lift kit. My previous JK I ordered a Rough Country 4" X-Series kit, and had it in 4-5 days.... I really hope it worth the wait and I'm really glad I didn't order my wheels and tires yet. Anybody else have a similar issue?

Man i hear all of this ypu are saying, the first thing i ordered from them was my stinger bumper....

I ordered it on thanks giving got it January 22nd.. i called four times while waiting..
1st call i was told 3-4weeks worst case 5

2nd call i was told we had a huge shipment of jk bumpers come back from poweder coat that day... i guess my bumper wasnt in that shipmemt lol.. i probably should have had him be more specific on if mine was in there lol

3rd call man we ar working hard on getting all orders done befor xmas

4th call i was told my bumper was at powder coat sense december 10th, and it was not January 15th.. ..... umm really a month and some to powdercoat a bumper... i ended up just laughing and hanging up

But even after all that , they have a awesome product and i now have almost all of there stuff lol. I learned order everything raw!!!and never on a free shipping offer!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joseph-98

Man i hear all of this ypu are saying, the first thing i ordered from them was my stinger bumper....

I ordered it on thanks giving got it January 22nd.. i called four times while waiting..
1st call i was told 3-4weeks worst case 5

2nd call i was told we had a huge shipment of jk bumpers come back from poweder coat that day... i guess my bumper wasnt in that shipmemt lol.. i probably should have had him be more specific on if mine was in there lol

3rd call man we ar working hard on getting all orders done befor xmas

4th call i was told my bumper was at powder coat sense december 10th, and it was not January 15th.. ..... umm really a month and some to powdercoat a bumper... i ended up just laughing and hanging up

But even after all that , they have a awesome product and i now have almost all of there stuff lol. I learned order everything raw!!!and never on a free shipping offer!!!
Lol I just ordered Monday on a free shipping order and they emailed and said about 2 weeks before shipping. My order shipped out Wednesday. Lol prolly only because of what I ordered and they probably don't have too many ordering for that.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just waiting for my installer to call me back.
Installer called back and said he couldn't get my LCA's fixed until next Thursday. Luckily it doesn't affect anything. MC said the jam nut could interfere with the bracket on the axle. I'm assuming while flexing and not DD.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Just pulled the trigger on a Metal Cloak Duroflex kit. I ordered the BDS Fox shocks from BDS directly that they use in the game changer kit. Stoked to get it installed! Doing the install in a buddy's garage. Will at MC was great to deal with. Hopefully can pick it up today.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread