Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I luv the look of the arched MC fenders available for the TJ and since they're not available for the JK, how hard would it be to fab them up or modify TJ's to fit?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-609873599.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	612582  
Old 05-27-2015, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Another angle...

Name:	image-1657736382.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	612583  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12-JKRubi
So I luv the look of the arched MC fenders available for the TJ and since they're not available for the JK, how hard would it be to fab them up or modify TJ's to fit?
Difficulty all depends on your fab skills. I don't think modifying them would be too hard, but might require body cutting. You might be able to email Matson to see if they will do a custom order for you. They have great customer service so its worth a shot.

Personally, I really like the design of the JK fender options they have and will probably go with them when I decide to get mine.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joseph-98
This is my metalcloak overland jk
Mc front bumper
Mc rear bumper
Mc front overlands
Mc rear overlands
Mc flipstep kit
Mc fox edition lift kit

Dude your Jeep looks AWESOME!!! Did you do all the work yourself and did you do it all at once?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my Metal Cloak 3.5" ARB lift on 5/3 and still have not received it. I called Metal Cloak yesterday morning and left a message. They called me back this afternoon (5/27) and told me the track bar is still on backorder and it's going to be another 3-4 weeks and that they're going to send me the kit with out the bar and I can't install the lift with out it. Now I'm looking at almost 2 months for for my lift and they already have my money. I'm having a hard time figuring out how I order something directly from the manufacturer and supplier and it still takes 2 months get my lift kit. My previous JK I ordered a Rough Country 4" X-Series kit, and had it in 4-5 days.... I really hope it worth the wait and I'm really glad I didn't order my wheels and tires yet. Anybody else have a similar issue?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
I ordered my Metal Cloak 3.5" ARB lift on 5/3 and still have not received it. I called Metal Cloak yesterday morning and left a message. They called me back this afternoon (5/27) and told me the track bar is still on backorder and it's going to be another 3-4 weeks and that they're going to send me the kit with out the bar and I can't install the lift with out it. Now I'm looking at almost 2 months for for my lift and they already have my money. I'm having a hard time figuring out how I order something directly from the manufacturer and supplier and it still takes 2 months get my lift kit. My previous JK I ordered a Rough Country 4" X-Series kit, and had it in 4-5 days.... I really hope it worth the wait and I'm really glad I didn't order my wheels and tires yet. Anybody else have a similar issue?
With the recent free shipping for memorial day I'm sure they are swamped. They usually over-estimate in order to not disappoint customers with lead times. Matson and his crew really put out some quality stuff and the customer service was excelent for me. My 2.5" dual rate kit took about 3 weeks from order to my door. I am more than happy with their product and will be ordering from them again. To me DEFINITELY worth the wait. Knowing the quality I have right now, I would still wait 2 months for a GC or GC Lite kit. I'm sure this lead time is making you really impatient, and it's really understandable. That said, you are going to be really happy with the product and quality of everything. The TB is chromo so they might be waiting for metals to ship for them to fab. Then they send it out to get zinc coated. They actually called me and told me when they recieved parts, when they were all assembled, when they were shipped to zinc, and when they were boxed up. I know it's a pain, but when you get five or six boxes from brown santa you won't be disappointed, definitely worlds beyond a RC kit.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
I can promise you it's better than a Rough Country anything. Be patient. Or be a little more patient.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm trying but I really just want to order my wheels and tires build my rig.... Right now its just a plain stock Hard Rock Unlimited.

Name:	IMG_4388.JPG-1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	612609  
Old 05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to say MC goes beyond what most other companies do to make their customers happy. I get a PM on another forum from one of the guys at MC and he informed me my LCA's were on backwards. The adjustable end is supposed to be on the frame not the axle like mine are. I have to take it in tomorrow or Friday to get it flipped. It still drives great. Would I notice any problems with them being backwards??
Old 05-28-2015, 02:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
I have to say MC goes beyond what most other companies do to make their customers happy. I get a PM on another forum from one of the guys at MC and he informed me my LCA's were on backwards. The adjustable end is supposed to be on the frame not the axle like mine are. I have to take it in tomorrow or Friday to get it flipped. It still drives great. Would I notice any problems with them being backwards??
With the bars being the same length either way I would think the only problems you would have would be fitment/clearance issues with bends being in the wrong spot. If nothing is rubbing I think you're fine.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread