Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
So far the on road ride of the MC with OME is great. It's definitely much stiffer than stock, but handles all the bumps better than stock or my AEV on my last Sport. It handles crosswinds way better than stock because of the lack of body roll. Head on winds are probably a little worse only because of the added height and the fact that I run flat fenders so it can feel like I'm dragging a parachute sometimes. I can't wait to see its performance off road. Just waiting for the flooding to stop in Texas.
I'm going to say a lot of the stiffness is coming from the OME shocks + large tires. That being said though, this jeep rides fantastic off-road. Extremely comfortable, and feel way more confident with this setup than my old AEV setup.

On road is a little different, I want to blame most of it on the heavy e-rated tires causing excessive bounce to the ride.

Last edited by vitodivita; 05-18-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vitodivita
Looks great!

Where did you get the sticker for the hood? They don't seem to have that on their site. Custom?
Custom sticker
Old 05-18-2015, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
That looks awful. Sarcasm of course.
Well thank you

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Exact setup I'm going for. Looks great.
Lol yeah i have a friend that did the full over line.... so i went with the over land

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Looks good. Is that the full or mid stinger??
Thats the 24 inch mid ... the bumper is in the pre built bumers... its the 1402 bumper
Old 05-18-2015, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you. I have the center bumper just to put the free winch in. I don't know if I want to go with the full or mid stinger.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4205913391.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	611369   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3214256024.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	611370  
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to say a lot of the stiffness is coming from the OME shocks + large tires. That being said though, this jeep rides fantastic off-road. Extremely comfortable, and feel way more confident with this setup than my old AEV setup. On road is a little different, I want to blame most of it on the heavy e-rated tires causing excessive bounce to the ride.
I'm ok with it being stiffer because it makes it handle much better. On road, it soaks up the bumps with no bump steer or anything. I agree this is heads above my old AEV setup as well. I feel the KO'2's really help with soaking up the crappy roads. I'm excited to test this setup off road.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to say a lot of the stiffness is coming from the OME shocks + large tires. That being said though, this jeep rides fantastic off-road. Extremely comfortable, and feel way more confident with this setup than my old AEV setup. On road is a little different, I want to blame most of it on the heavy e-rated tires causing excessive bounce to the ride.
OME have the least amount of compression dampening - even less than stock from what I can tell by compressing them. . Plus larger tires, if aired down properly should ride softer than stock but maybe them being "E" rated is throwing it off?? What’s the tire pressure? It's most definitely the stiffer spring rate over stock that's giving it the firmer ride. I absolutely agree that this kit improves handling. Not as "mushy" as stock.

Last edited by sea bass; 05-18-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to say a lot of the stiffness is coming from the OME shocks + large tires. That being said though, this jeep rides fantastic off-road. Extremely comfortable, and feel way more confident with this setup than my old AEV setup.

On road is a little different, I want to blame most of it on the heavy e-rated tires causing excessive bounce to the ride.
E rated tires are definitely going to have a stiffer side wall. I've got Baja MTZs with the OME shocks and it rides fine. Your tire pressure could also be a little high.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sea bass
OME have the least amount of compression dampening - even less than stock from what I can tell by compressing them. . Plus larger tires, if aired down properly should ride softer than stock but maybe them being "E" rated is throwing it off?? What’s the tire pressure? It's most definitely the stiffer spring rate over stock that's giving it the firmer ride. I absolutely agree that this kit improves handling. Not as "mushy" as stock.
I've settled at 28 PSI. I've run a whole range of PSI up to 38 psi (stupid over inflated) down to 24 psi (mushy, uneasy feeling).
Old 05-19-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run 32 psi in my toyo comp mts. Rides great with the OME shocks. I driven all kind of lifted jeep, the MC springs and OME shocks is one of the best set ups I driven.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

I have bridgestone a/ts and it drives smoother then any other lift i have road on ..

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread